Würzburg is the largest city on the Franconian Wine Route. It is the seat of the government of Lower Franconia and has its own university. Würzburg has been the seat of the diocese since 742. The prince bishops shaped events in Würzburg for a long time. The Marienberg Fortress, which sits enthroned on a hill above the town, bears witness to this to this day. The city is located in the Main triangle and is surrounded by the Spessart, Rhön and Steigerwald. Vineyards are just outside the city gates. Therefore, three of the largest wineries in Germany name Würzburg as their headquarters. If you want to experience Würzburg, the wine, good food, the wonderful location on the Main and the history of the city play a major role. Here we collect tips on how you can make your stay in the city varied and interesting.
Experience Würzburg with these tips
Do you like to travel by motorhome to experience Würzburg?
- Experience Würzburg: Do you want to rent a mobile home? Then you will find information and a selection of here booking options here. Rent a motorhome or a camper near you here. Or would you prefer to stay overnight in a roof tent on the car? Also the overnight stay in camping tents is possible.
- Check our packing list for campers to see whether you have packed everything for your motorhome tour.
- Our camping tips for experiencing Würzburg: There are several campsites near Würzburg. We recommend the Kalte Quelle campsite, Winterhäuser Str. 160, 97084 Würzburg. There you can after a day trip in a Dutch Oven or on the portable grill or maybe on a campfire . You can also find Dutch oven accessories can be found here.
- Practical accessories for the mobile home you can also find here.
- Why is a folding e-bike useful when camping?
Do you already know:
- Tips for a weekend in Würzburg
- Discover palaces and castles
- Top Attraction Germany: Main
- Ways to wine in the city of Würzburg
- Weinberg Hotel in Wurzburg
- Comfortable pumps for wide feet
- Cool backpacks for city trips
Experience the source of Würzburg: Research on site.
Text Experience Würzburg: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline
Photos Würzburg: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline