Architecture in the winery brain
In any case, winegrowers attach great importance to beautiful architecture in the winery. This allows them to present their wines in a special way. They usually do this in old manor houses and farms, whose courtyards are adorned with vines. They run hedge farms in it, in which they Franconian specialties serve. There, wine lovers can enjoy a glass of wine in the shade of vines. Or they choose modern wine architecture made from materials from the terroir. This reflects the region in which the winemaker's wines thrive. In the Brain winery in Untereisenheim am Main, however, the owner of the winery took a different approach.
The winery brain of Untereisenheim
The architecture in the winery brain is certainly reason for many guests, why they visit this winery on the outskirts of the village Untereisenheim. A note in a guide led us anyway to this winery in Untereisenheim. For his winery Matthias brain was inspired by none other than Friedensreich Hundertwasser. The architecture lover Brain became aware of the star architects from Austria by accident. In a bookstore he came across a book about the artist's architecture. From then on it was clear to him that his new estate building should be built in the style of a star architect.
However, the house is not one of the Hunderwasser buildings. This told us the Hundertwasser Foundation in Vienna With. Hundertwasser died in 2000 on board the Queen Elizabeth 2 off Brisbane in Australia. Architect Springmann had completed several buildings together with Friedensreich Hundertwasser. He finally completed the construction in 2001. Two years later, the Hirn winery opened its doors to the public. The architecture in the winery is still worth seeing.
Architecture in the winery brain as an attraction
We wanted to see the architecture in the Hirn winery on ours Motorhome trip through the Franconian wine country look at. As soon as we approach the town from Wipfeld, we see the striking winery on the outskirts. Its colorful facades without straight lines cannot be overlooked. It looks a bit like a building from a fantasy film. A Franconian "Villa Kunterbunt", so to speak. Architecture in the winery that surprises.
Garden decorations support the architecture in the Hirn winery
When we stand in front of it, we realize that the theme of "wine" has been integrated into the building in a very special way. Bocksbaschen and wine bottles are walled into the outer wall of the building. Under an archway we come to a garden whose sculptures, ponds and plants are in no way inferior to the shape of the building. Fantasy heads, rods and fantasy structures adorn the garden, which is just as amazing as the building itself. The architecture in the winery encompasses more than just the building. The Hirn winery describes its manor house as a “wine paradise”. We rightly think so, albeit in an unusual way. Let yourself be carried away into the world of the Hirn winery.
The architecture in the Hirn winery is well worth a visit
Although this is not a building by Friedensreich Hundertwasser, the building is worth seeing. It stands out from the usual in this region wineries with its colorful and imaginative facade. However, we can not tell you how the wines from the house of Brain taste. Since a bus group was our guest, we decided not to visit the hedge business and continued our journey to our next destination.
If you want to take a look at the architecture in the Hirn winery yourself, you can find it here:
Dipbacher street 8
97247 Lower Iron Home / Franconia
Telephone 0 93 86 / 388
Do you like to travel by motorhome?
- Do you want to rent a motorhome? Then you will find information and a selection in these booking options. Rent a motorhome or a camper near you here. Or would you prefer to stay overnight in a roof tent on the car? Also the overnight stay in camping tent is possible.
- Check our packing list for campersto see whether you have packed everything for your motorhome tour.
- On the RV parking space Obereisenheim, An d. Mainaue, 97247 Eisenheim, you can stay overnight. But there are other campsites near Untereisenheim. There you can after a day trip in a Dutch Oven on the portable grill or maybe on that Campfire to prepare your dinner.
- Practical accessories for the mobile home you can also find here.
- Why is an e-bike folding bike useful when camping?
Travel Tips to Savor for Franconia
Arrival by plane, car, bus and train
Accommodations in the region:
There are also accommodations for online booking in the nearby Ochsenfurt * and surroundings via our partner Booking.com.
What else is there to discover in Franconia?
- Excursion destinations Franconia
- Discover Franconian wine country
- Tour through the Franconian wine country for connoisseurs and pleasure hikers
- How did the farmers once live in Franconia?
- Franconian cuisine tastes delicious
- Bad Kissingen Attractions for Slow Travelers
- Garden splendor in Veitshöchheim
- 5 wine places for a wine weekend in the Main Valley
- Wine experience in the wine cellar in Sommerach
- Fancy a Roadtrip on the Route of Delights?
- The medieval city Ochsenfurt
- Ways to wine in Würzburg
- Miltenberg, the half-timbered city on the Main
Do you already know:
- National Gallery of Art in Ottawa - architecture
- Piran, the fishing village on the Adriatic
- Esterhazy Castle in Eisenstadt
- Winery rooms in the estate Pössnitzberg in Styria
- Wachau Hotels on the Danube for your wine journey through the Wachau
- Wine regions Austria
- Gifts for travelers
Source architecture in the Hirn winery: research on site. We would like to thank both the Franconian Wine Country for the support of this trip and also the Knaus company for the mobile home that was made available to us for this trip. However, our opinion remains our own, as always.
Text architecture in the Hirn winery: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline
Photos of architecture in the Hirn winery: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline