Architecture in the winery brain
In any case, winegrowers attach great importance to beautiful architecture in the winery. This allows them to present their wines in a special way. They usually do this in old manor houses and farms, whose courtyards are adorned with vines. They run hedge farms in it, in which they Franconian specialties serve. There, wine lovers can enjoy a glass of wine in the shade of vines. Or they choose modern wine architecture made from materials from the terroir. This reflects the region in which the winemaker's wines thrive. In the Brain winery in Untereisenheim am Main, however, the owner of the winery took a different approach.
The Brain winery in Untereisenheim is known for its architecture
The architecture of the Brain winery in Untereisenheim is certainly the reason why many guests visit this winery on the outskirts of the village of Untereisenheim. In any case, a hint in a travel guide led us to this winery in Untereisenheim. For his winery, Matthias Hirn was inspired by none other than Friedensreich Hundertwasser. The architecture lover Hirn became aware of the star architect from Austria by chance. In a bookshop he came across a book about the artist's architecture. From then on it was clear to him that his new manor house should be built in the style of the star architect.
However, the house is not one of the Hunderwasser buildings. This told us the Hundertwasser Foundation in Vienna With. Hundertwasser died in 2000 on board the Queen Elizabeth 2 off Brisbane in Australia. Architect Springmann had completed several buildings together with Friedensreich Hundertwasser. He finally completed the construction in 2001. Two years later, the Hirn winery opened its doors to the public. The architecture in the winery is still worth seeing.
Architecture in the winery brain as an attraction
We wanted to see the architecture in the Hirn winery on ours Motorhome trip through the Franconian wine country look at. As soon as we approach the town from Wipfeld, we see the striking winery on the outskirts. Its colorful facades without straight lines cannot be overlooked. It looks a bit like a building from a fantasy film. A Franconian "Villa Kunterbunt", so to speak. Architecture in the winery that surprises.
Garden decorations support the architecture in the Hirn winery
When we stand in front of it, we realize that the theme of "wine" has been integrated into the building in a very special way. Bocksbaschen and wine bottles are walled into the outer wall of the building. Under an archway we come to a garden whose sculptures, ponds and plants are in no way inferior to the shape of the building. Fantasy heads, rods and fantasy structures adorn the garden, which is just as amazing as the building itself. The architecture in the winery encompasses more than just the building. The Hirn winery describes its manor house as a “wine paradise”. We rightly think so, albeit in an unusual way. Let yourself be carried away into the world of the Hirn winery.
The architecture in the Hirn winery is well worth a visit
Even if this is not a building by Friedensreich Hundertwasser, the architecture in the Brain winery is still worth seeing. It stands out from the usual wineries in this region with its colorful and imaginative facade. However, we cannot tell you how the wines from the Hirn taste. Since a bus group was visiting, we decided not to visit the hedge farm and continued our journey to our next destination.
If you want to take a look at the architecture in the Hirn winery yourself, you can find it here:
Dipbacher street 8
97247 Lower Iron Home / Franconia
Telephone 0 93 86 / 388
Do you like to travel to architecture in the Brain Untereisenheim winery in a camper van?
- Do you want to rent a motorhome? Then you will find information and a selection in these booking options here. Rent a motorhome or a camper near you here. Or would you prefer to stay overnight in a roof tent on the car? Also the overnight stay in camping tents is possible.
- Check our packing list for campers to see whether you have packed everything for your motorhome tour.
- On the RV parking space Obereisenheim, An d. Mainaue, 97247 Eisenheim, you can stay overnight. But there are other campsites near Untereisenheim. There you can after a day trip in a Dutch Oven or on the portable grill or maybe on a campfire . You can also find Dutch oven accessories can be found here.
- Practical accessories for the mobile home you can also find here.
- Why is a folding e-bike useful when camping?
Travel Tips to Savor for Franconia
Parking at the airport
Arrival by plane, car, bus and train
Accommodations in the region:
There are also accommodations for online booking in the nearby Ochsenfurt * and surroundings via our partner Booking.com.
Apart from the architecture, what else is there to discover at the Brain Winery in Franconia?
- Excursion destinations Franconia
- Discover Franconian wine country
- Tour through the Franconian wine country for connoisseurs and pleasure hikers
- Wine and cuisine in Würzburg: A trip for connoisseurs
- Wine hiking in Franconia
- Wine hotels in Franconia – a selection
- How did the farmers once live in Franconia?
- Franconian cuisine tastes delicious
- Bad Kissingen Attractions for Slow Travelers
- Garden splendor in Veitshöchheim
- 5 wine places for a wine weekend in the Main Valley
- Wine experience in the wine cellar in Sommerach
- Fancy a Roadtrip on the Route of Delights?
- The medieval city Ochsenfurt
- Ways to wine in Würzburg
- Miltenberg, the half-timbered city on the Main
- Taste the World: Wine Regions to Discover
Do you also know:
- Farm shops with a café near Munich
- National Gallery of Art in Ottawa - architecture
- Piran, the fishing village on the Adriatic
- Esterhazy Castle in Eisenstadt
- Winery rooms in the estate Pössnitzberg in Styria
- Wachau Hotels on the Danube for your wine journey through the Wachau
- Wine regions Austria
- Gifts for travelers
Source architecture in the Hirn winery: research on site. We would like to thank both the Franconian Wine Country for the support of this trip and also the Knaus company for the mobile home that was made available to us for this trip. However, our opinion remains our own, as always.
Text Architektur im Weingut Hirn: © Copyright Monika Fuchs and TravelWorldOnline
Architecture photos at the Brain winery: © Copyright Monika Fuchs and TravelWorldOnline