Mountain meadows in the Kleinwalsertal in spring
A stay like this in the mountains has its charm in every season. Here you can always enjoy nature. It is most beautiful in the Alps when the mountain meadows are in bloom. The Kleinwalsertal in spring is a dream. That was the case on our short trip to Kleinwalsertal in Vorarlberg Confirmed in early June. Kleinwalsertal Tourismus invited us to the Walser Gourmet Days.
This is a weekend when the gourmet restaurateurs, the hotels and the producers of the Senn cheeses, ham, bacon and sausage products made from beef and game celebrate themselves and their goods. We take the opportunity and follow you Tip from the service at the Travel Charme Ifen Hotel, who serve us a menu made from these ingredients every evening, and make a detour to the “Wäldele”, a side valley that branches off to the right from the road to the Ifen.
On the way there we drive past mountain meadows where margarites bloom as well as hogweed, whose flowers cover the slopes. They give them a look that is charming. This is especially noticeable when the sun comes in from the side and illuminates the mountain sides with its morning light. Gentian, orange-red hawkweed and the fragrant Handelwurz add splashes of color to the meadows that make them a feast for the eyes. We can't get enough of the play of colors in the middle of the green, which brings different colors to the foreground every few meters. In some places, certain flowers feel particularly comfortable and grow en masse.
Mountain huts and hikers
We drive past mountain huts, in front of which hikers get ready for their day hike. They take out walking sticks and tie theirs Windbreakers around the hips, because the sun is already shining warm from the sky, they pull walking boots and and swing the backpack on the back. Sure is this with one snack filled with Landjäger, bacon, Sennkäse and bread. Then off we go, past the meadows, where bees and bumblebees can now enjoy a feast and collect honey that will later be for sale in the markets of the region.
Horses in the woods
Deeper in the “Wäldele” we pass horse paddocks where piebalds enjoy the spring grass. They belong to the Hammerer horse breed, which offers horse-drawn carriage rides in summer and sleigh rides with their horses in winter. Maybe we'll come back soon and treat ourselves to a trip? Who knows? In any case, the horses obviously enjoy spring on the meadow. They romp about the meadows and enjoy their green.
The mountain meadow blossom in the Wäldele is beautiful in the Kleinwalsertal in spring
The further we go into the "Wäldele", the more intense the mountain meadow bloom seems. We're here just in time to see it all. I would love to wander through the meadow to pick a bouquet of flowers for the living room at home. But the flowers certainly won't survive the trip back in the summer heat. So I prefer to let them grow on the mountain slopes and take photos of them that I can show you. Aren't they beautiful, the mountain meadows in Kleinwalsertal? How do you like you?
For overnight stay we recommend:
Travel Charme Hotel Ifen
Top street 6
Information, availability query and online booking*
Hotels in the Kleinwalsertal*
You need that for a trip to Kleinwalsertal in spring
- We recommend comfortable walking shoes for a hike in the Kleinwalsertal Vorarlberg.
- Practically for traveling is one backpackin which you drink, snack in einer lunch box, a Jacket and store odds and ends.
- What you need for a picnic - With it you can have a picnic on one of the mountain meadows with a view of the mountains of the Kleinwalsertal in Vorarlberg.
- Binoculars * - On this hike you can watch birds and look for other animals.
- You are well equipped for hiking in Kleinwalsertal Vorarlberg Austria with these Hiking maps * and Hiking guides *.
- Do you have everything? With our hiking checklist you can easily check that.
- Do you like to travel with the motorhome? There are several campsites in the valley. Our packing list for campers helps that you don't forget anything.
- In winter the Kleinwalsertal offers ski areas for winter sports enthusiasts. Our Packing list winter vacation helps to pack the suitcase for the winter vacation.
- Why is a folding e-bike useful when camping?
Arrival by plane, car, bus and train
Book yours here Arrival by plane, bus or train*. The nearest airport is Munich. Arrival by train is also possible. The train goes to Oberstdorf. From there, bus #1 will take you to Kleinwalsertal: Timetable and booking*
Cheap car hire - book quickly and easily!
Book Motorhomes in Europe here! * Or do you like to travel with him roof tent on the car? Also the overnight stay in camping tents is possible. At Alpencamping Haller, Köpfleweg 10a, 6991 Riezlern, Austria, you will find a campsite. With our Motorhome packing list You'll never forget anything again.
Accommodations in the region:
Accommodation for online booking is also available in Kleinwalsertal* via Booking.com.
Do you already know:
- Vorarlberg sights
- A permaculture garden in the Kleinwalsertal
- Road trip through the Kleinwalsertal
- Kleinwalsertal Eating and drinking
- Farms in Kleinwalsertal - Walser culture
- Mountain railways in the Kleinwalsertal
- Restaurants in the Kleinwalsertal
- How the Walsers came to Kleinwalsertal via the Valais Alps
- Christmas in Salzburg
- Everything for the goose: on a shopping tour through the Burgenland
- The historic old town of Stein am Rhein
- Three destinations in March, April and May
- Trinity Newfoundland in July - when the wildflowers are in bloom
- Experience Miami sights from the boat
- A day in Ottawa, Ontario in the spring
Quelle Kleinwalsertal in spring: research on site. We thank Kleinwalsertal Tourismus for inviting us to this trip. Our opinion remains our own.
Text Kleinwalsertal in spring: © Copyright Monika Fuchs
Photos Kleinwalsertal in spring: © Copyright Monika Fuchs
2 thoughts too "Blooming mountain meadows in the Kleinwalsertal are most beautiful in spring"
that seems to be a magical area.
Thanks for the suggestion. :-)
Karen and Joyce
Oh yes, that's her. We did not know her before our visit on the weekend and we are very excited. Especially the blooming mountain meadows have done it to us, and of course the culinary specialties :)
Comments are closed.