Hotel Müllerhof in Caputh
The Hotel Müllerhof in Caputh, which we got to know on our last trip, is perfect for everyone who enjoys the beautiful region of the Havel lakes but doesn't want to spend the night in lively Potsdam. The four-star hotel is located in the village of Caputh in Brandenburgthat are only eight kilometers south of Potsdam lies. With its narrow and sometimes even cobbled streets, the neat and low houses and the avenues that are lined with gnarled and old trees and extend into the city, we feel transported into a world without hectic, in which the Time goes slower.
The narrow street of the unit allows only leisurely through traffic, which ends at the Fährhaus Caputh or continues by cable ferry across the Havel. No car honks. Rather, everyone waits politely until we strangers find our way in the friendly little place. We immediately feel at home in this small town on the banks of the Schwielowsee.
Country hotel with a kick
Our overnight stay at the Hotel Müllerhof in Caputh does the rest: the hotel on Weberstrasse has existed since 1889. From the outside, the hotel looks neat, even if it is more reminiscent of a residential building than a hotel. Next to the entrance to the reception there is a garden where you can have a cup of coffee or a beer on warmer and, above all, rain-free days. Inside, it turns out to be one of those pleasant country hotels that score with us with modern rooms, friendly service and good food. It is located on a very quiet side street just by a short path from the lakeshore, where we often see boats bobbing in the water between weeping willows. A few small and rustic ones lie on a somewhat battered landing stage House boats at anchor. Several ducks cavort under the jetty with gossipy chatter.
Eat well in the restaurant at the Hotel Müllerhof in Caputh
When the gray clouds above us open to a downpour, we rush back to the hotel, where we take time for a dinner with specialties from the region. As a starter I choose a Caputher game soup, which is cooked from a leg of venison according to a house recipe and is refined with cranberry cream. Petar tries the “Alter Fritz” beetroot soup with croutons and bacon chips. For the main course I have the game goulash with rose hip mustard sauce, broccoli and potato dumplings, and Petar chooses the pikeperch fillet with lemon chard and macadamia mashed potatoes. After that we're so full that we both skip dessert and end dinner with an espresso.
The next morning the sun is shining from the sky again, and after breakfast from the breakfast buffet we decide to take a quick look at the place. We drive to the ferry dock at the Fährhaus Caputh, which invites you to linger with the bench under the deciduous trees. On the other side of the pier, a promenade begins, on which a row of wooden benches under trees wait for walkers who want to watch the boat traffic on the Havel. We're lucky and watch the Bacherelle, a barge, drive past Caputh. As soon as it has passed the landing stage, the cable ferry, which transports cars, pedestrians, cyclists and mothers with prams from one side of the Havel to the other, sets off. The impression we had of life in Caputh the day before is confirmed once again: it runs smoothly.
You need that for a visit to Caputh and the surrounding area
- Comfortable walking bootswhere you can go well
- A backpack is definitely practical for everything you need on the go.
- In our hiking checklist you can check whether you have packed everything for your hike.
- Everything for one picknick at Schwielow See or at Templiner See, for example when hiking to Potsdam.
- The region offers beautiful photo opportunities. Therefore you should have yours Camera .
- Are you looking for Gifts for travelers?
A stay at the Hotel Müllerhof in Caputh is not only worthwhile for the accommodation and the food. Slowing down is the order of the day in the hotel and its surroundings. We found it extremely pleasant after a drive on the autobahn and would have liked to have stayed longer in this hotel and in Caputh, also to explore the town and the lakes more closely.
Do you like to travel by motorhome?
- For example, you can spend the night with your mobile home on this campsite: Camping ground Sanssouci, An d. Pirschheide 41, 14471 Potsdam. However, there are more campsites in the area.
- Do you want to rent a motorhome? Then you will find information and a selection in these booking options. Or would you rather travel with us roof tent on the car? Also the overnight stay in a camping tent is possible.
- Check our packing list for campers to see whether you have packed everything for your motorhome tour.
- You want to know where to stay overnight in Germany can and are you looking for parking spaces and campsites? You can find information about this under this link.
- Do you need Gifts for motorhome enthusiasts?
- Why is a folding e-bike useful when camping?
Book yours here Arrival by plane, bus or train*. The nearest airport is Berlin. It is possible to arrive by boat from Potsdam to Caputh. Traveling by car from Berlin via the Autobahn to Caputh via the A115 takes just under an hour.
Accommodation in Caputh
Do you already know:
- Hotel Seeblick in Klietz - A look into the cooking pots
- Swedish hospitality in Berlin
- Miami in December / January in Florida enjoy the winter
- Salzburg and Surroundings
- Bled at the Bled lake
- Which rain jacket is the best?
- In Toronto this tastes good
- Why wear hiking socks?
- Hilton at the Gendarmenmarkt Berlin
Quelle Hotel Müllerhof in Caputh: research on site. We thank Flairhotels for the invitation.
Text Hotel Müllerhof in Caputh: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline
Photos Hotel Müllerhof in Caputh: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline