Kühlungsborn sights and excursion destinations
The Ostseebad Kühlungsborn offer sights and excursion destinations that one beach holiday make an experience in this place on the Baltic Sea. Experience a Baltic Sea resort with feel-good character, relax on Sandy beach and enjoy the attractions in the area. These sights in Kuehlungsborn and the surrounding area are worth a visit. Kuehlungsborn is a popular seaside resort on the Baltic Sea with many activities for visitors. With its sweeping sea views, beautiful sandy beaches and several nearby attractions, there is something for everyone in Kuehlungsborn. Here are some of the best things to do and see in this charming German city!
Book your accommodation in Kuehlungsborn here
Here are the hotels guests like best:
- The Travel Charme Ostseehotel Kuehlungsborn* is close to the pier and offers direct access to the beach and a 950 m² spa area.
- The meergut Hotels* spread over two buildings. They are right on the Baltic Sea beach in Kuehlungsborn West.
- Im Hotel on the beach* you will find three restaurants, a sun terrace in the inner courtyard and a private car park. The beach and the city forest are each 100 m away.
- The Hotel Edison* is in the heart of Kuehlungsborn. It is about 230 m to the beach and the shopping mile.
Map of Kuehlungsborn and the surrounding area
Kuehlungsborn Sights and excursion destinations:
The cooling of Kuehlungsborn - an area near the Baltic Sea resort that offers views of the surrounding area from its hills. This is one of the Kuehlungsborn attractions near the place.
Excursions from Kuehlungsborn to Warnemünde
Visit Kuehlungsborn Beach
The promenade of Kuehlungsborn is one of the city's attractions as well as a place to stroll, relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Baltic Sea. For example, you can stroll the streets on a three-kilometer-long beach or participate in activities such as sailing, fishing and golfing.
Bastorf beach and lighthouse - Kuehlungsborn Sights and destinations
The Bastorf lighthouse outside the town is one of the lighthouses on the Baltic Sea. From its platform you have a view of the surroundings. It is one of the Kuehlungsborn sights in the vicinity of the Baltic Sea resort.
The ghost forest of Nienhagen is about eleven kilometers from Kuehlungsborn. Here you can go hiking and experience the atmosphere that makes this forest so special. The Hiking backpack you should definitely not forget!
Explore the villages of Kuehlungsborn
While many people come to Kuehlungsborn to enjoy the beach and promenade, it is also home to several charming villages. Stroll comfortably through the city center of Kühlungsborn, visit Heiligendamm or the seaside resort of Rerik. Explore their narrow streets, absorb the atmosphere of these beautiful cities and find restaurants and shops that offer an experience.
The Baltic resort of Rerik lies between Wismar and Kuehlungsborn. Bolle and Marco have collected tips for this in their blog.
Where is Heiligendamm?
You can reach Heiligendamm with the “Molli” bathing train, a trip that is not only an experience because of the architecture of the baths. If you click on the map above, you will get an overview of where Heiligendamm is located.
You won't find a promenade in Börgerende. Instead, a beach for dogs, families and everyone who loves nature awaits you there. There are also no restaurants directly on the beach. Better take yours picnic with or wire rack your food on the beach A description of Boring Strands can be found at the Beach Inspector.
Sights and excursion destinations from Kuehlungsborn
- Warnemünde, for example, is worth a visit. The place is 25 kilometers from Kuehlungsborn. The best way to reach it is by car or by bike via the Coastal Cycle Path.
- With the "Molli" you can also reach Bad Doberan. The church of the monastery is definitely worth a visit there. It is one of the brick buildings that are typical of the region.
- A trip to the castle in Güstrow is also worthwhile. There is also a wildlife park and museums.
- Finally, a tip for connoisseurs is the Rose Park Groß Siemen.
- Excursions for connoisseurs You can also find information about the area around Kühlungsborn in this article.
Relax in the Upstalboom Hotel's Baltic Spa
If you are looking for relaxation, the Baltic Spa is the place for you. Relax in the hot pools and saunas and experience the spa. Visit the sauna with Finnish sauna, steam bath and relaxation room. It's best to combine that with one Stay at Hotel Upstalboom*.
Events in Kühlungsborn and its sights
Events in Ostseebad Kuhlungsborn you can also find here.
Warnemünde Activities* can be found at Get Your Guide.
Questions and answers about the Kuehlungsborn sights and excursion destinations
What is there to do in Ostseebad Kuhlungsborn?
There are many options for excursions:
- Take the boat to the Salzhaff and the Wustrow Peninsula
- Visit the Bastorf lighthouse.
- Discover the ghost forest Nienhagen.
- Do a bike tour to Warnemünde.
- Take a trip to Rostock.
Where is the nicest place in Kuehlungsborn?
You shouldn't miss it either
- the pier in Kuehlungsborn
- the promenade that runs along the beach
- a visit to the marina
- discover the architecture of the city
What can you do when the weather is bad in Kuehlungsborn?
- Enjoy a cup of tea with cake in the Hotel Travel Charme and watch the hustle and bustle on the pier through the window in the café.
- Try currywurst with champagne in the Strand Bistro by Edel und Scharf.
Beach chair rentals Kuehlungsborn
Beach chairs are among the sights in Kühlungsborn that you should definitely try. You can book a beach chair, for example, via the BeachBuddy app. You can download this to your smartphone free of charge via the App Store or Google Play. If you book your beach chair with it, you can go directly to the beach chair that you have reserved on the beach. You can open and close the lock directly with your smartphone.
Hiking and cycling to the Kuehlungsborn sights and destinations
You can also experience the sights of Kühlungsborn and the surrounding area while hiking or cycling. 20 trips in Kühlungsborn, for example, you can find it under this link.
Do you like to travel to the sights in Kühlungsborn by motorhome?
- Then we recommend, for example, the camping park at Waldstraße 1B, 18225 Kühlungsborn. From here it is also not far to the sights of Kuehlungsborn. It takes about 30 minutes to walk to the pier. Always along the water. However, there are other campsites in the area. There you can after a trip in a Dutch Oven or on the Grill or maybe on a campfire . You can also find Dutch oven accessories you can also find here.
- Do you want to rent a mobile home? Then you will find information here as well booking options. Or do you prefer to sleep in one roof tent on the car? The overnight stay in camping tents is also possible.
- Be sure to check our packing list for camperswhether you have packed everything for your motorhome tour.
- information about Parking spaces and campsites in Germany you can also find here.
- Why is a folding e-bike useful when camping?
Do you also know:
- Baltic resorts and Hanseatic cities
- Ostseebad Kühlungsborn: Groynes, beach villas & freedom
- Binz on Rügen - amber, white beach villas & star cuisine
- Searching for amber at the North Sea
- Three restaurants in Kühlungsborn
- Explore Binz Ostseebad
- Comfortable pumps for wide feet
- Cool backpacks for city trips
Source Kuehlungsborn Sights Surroundings: Research on site. In any case, our opinion remains our own.
Text Kuehlungsborn Sights: (c) Copyright Monika Fuchs and TWO
Photos Kuehlungsborn Sights: (c) Copyright Monika Fuchs and TWO
Videos Kuehlungsborn Sights Surroundings: (c) Copyright Petar Fuchs and TWO