There are nice places in Germany for a weekend. It doesn't necessarily have to be places that are famous. There are places in Germany that are worth visiting but don't attract crowds. Precisely this makes many of them one of the most beautiful places in Germany. In our list you will find places that are worth a weekend trip and promise enjoyment. At the same time you will find possibilities to book a hotel on site for the short portrait of the places. You can also book your arrival online. So nothing stands in the way of your trip for the weekend.
Nice places in Germany for a weekend
Must see places
Half-timbered jewel in Mosbach
In Mosbach in Baden-Württemberg, guests can admire the Kickelhain house, one of the smallest half-timbered houses in Germany. With only 26 square meters of floor space, a total of 52 square meters of living space are spread over three floors. The Collegiate Church of St. Juliana is also something special. As a result of the Electoral Palatinate religious declaration in 1707, the church was divided into the Catholic choir and the Protestant nave.
Bietigheim-Bissingen – one of the beautiful places in Germany
Those who travel along the regional route to Bietigheim-Bissingen, on the other hand, should visit the Hornmoldhaus town museum. The interior paintings and the decorative half-timbering from the Renaissance period are magnificent. Up the Enz it is worth taking a look at the railway viaduct, which is one of the engineering structures from the early days of the railways in Germany. More information on all half-timbered towns can be found at www.deutsche-fachwerkstrasse.de.
The Laurentius Chapel in Miltenberg - one of the travel destinations in southern Germany
Auch Miltenberg in Franconia shines with an old town and its history. In the half-timbered town, guests can, for example, immerse themselves in the history of pharmacies and medicine in the pharmacy museum and admire the Laurentius chapel on the outskirts. This is one of the chapels in Franconia from the Gothic period.
Ochsenfurt in Franconia - beautiful places in Germany for a weekend
Not far away Ochsenfurt, whose architectural monuments include the lance tower on the New Town Hall with its musical clock. The clock is believed to be the oldest wrought iron tower clock in Europe that is still working. As from the beginning, the astronomical clock is wound by hand.
Cellar tour in Bad Langensalza
Some treasures are hidden deep. For example in Bad Langensalza. About a meter below the pavement of the city in Thuringia lies the travertine that has grown over thousands of years. It is also called the marble of the north. Limestone was used to erect buildings in the Middle Ages, which are still standing today. Under them, cellars were created, which guests can visit during cellar tours.
Schmalkalden with its castle and other beautiful places in Germany
Wilhelmsburg Castle in Schmalkalden, the house of the guilds in the Judengasse in Grünberg in Hesse or the tower dwelling in the church tower of the town church of St. Marien in Homberg: Treasures beckon in the towns along the German Half-timbered Road.
Conclusion: There are many beautiful places in Germany for a short break
Even if you don't have enough time for a week's trip, there are many beautiful places in Germany that are suitable for a weekend or a few days' stay. Most of them offer not only local sights, but also hiking opportunities in the area. Therefore, it is worth preparing for sightseeing, walks and hikes before the trip.
Are you traveling to beautiful places in Germany for the weekend in your motorhome?
- Do you want to rent a motorhome? Then you will find information and a selection in these booking options. Rent a motorhome or a camper near you here. Or would you prefer to stay overnight in a roof tent on the car? Also the overnight stay in camping tent is possible.
- Check our packing list for campers to see whether you have packed everything for your motorhome tour.
- Where you spend the night in Germany with a mobile home you can find out here. At some campsites, after a day trip, you can do well in a Dutch Oven or on the Grill or on Campfire after a day trip .
- Motorhome accessories you can also find it here. Forget yours too backpack not, because there are hiking trails around these places.
You need this for hiking in Germany
- With this packing list for hikers you will never forget anything on your hikes.
- Comfortable walking shoes for wide feet, in which you can also walk well on paths that are rougher
- A backpack is definitely practical for everything you need on the go.
- Along the Walking there are often benches for one picknick on the roadside.
- Hiking destinations in Germany offer photo opportunities. Therefore, you should Camera .
- Take something to drink with you. You will be out and about in the sun on hikes in Germany. One drinking bottle * does good service here.
Book yours here Arrival by plane, train or bus*
Do you already know?
- Germany vacation and travel tips
- Weekend with wellness at the Chiemsee and surroundings
- Take a vacation on the Main in Miltenberg
- Tips for a weekend in Würzburg
- Wine country Franconia for connoisseurs and pleasure hikers
- Tips for a weekend in Potsdam on the Havel
Source of beautiful places in Germany: research on site and djd/ Fachwerkstraße
Text beautiful places in Germany: © Copyright Monika Fuchs and djd/ Fachwerkstraße
Photos: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, djd/Fachwerkstraße and the photographers in the captions