Manhattan New York – where New York's heart beats
This island is just one of the neighborhoods of New York City. However, Manhattan most closely resembles what most New York imagines are. But would you have thought that New York would be one of the places for weddings away from home power? But that's not all. New York is great for a weekend on the town.
What neighborhoods are in Manhattan?
Manhattan is divided into neighborhoods with their own character. Some of them are:
Lower Manhattan New York
This is the southern tip of Manhattan. It includes Battery Park, the Financial District as well as the World Trade Center and Wall Street.
Mostly Asians live in this neighborhood in Manhattan. Chinatown is also known for its restaurants, grocery stores and souvenir shops.
Little Italy in south Manhattan New York
There are many restaurants in this part of Manhattan. Many of them offer specialties from the regions of Italy.
This Manhattan neighborhood is divided into the East Village and West Village districts by Broadway. On the one hand, the East Village is known for its punk rock bars, cafes and boutiques. The tree-lined streets of the West Village, on the other hand, create a small-town feel in the middle of the big city. Jazz clubs and apartments are also typical of this area.
The triangle below Canal Street (TRIangle Below CANal Street) was once an industrial area in Manhattan. However, the factories have now been converted into apartments and condominiums. There are also many restaurants here.
This area of Manhattan with its cast iron architecture is home to art galleries, boutiques and restaurants. It also owes its name to its location south of Houston Street (SOth of Houston Street).
Midtown in central Manhattan New York
Midtown is the business and shopping center of New York City. Here is the Empire State Building. There are also Rockefeller Center and St. Patrick's Cathedral.
Upper East Side
The Upper East Side is home to many prominent New Yorkers. The Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Guggenheim Museum are also located here. The Upper East Side is also known for shopping and fine dining. It is located in northeast Manhattan.
Upper West Side
This part of New York is home to both the Lincoln Center for Performing Arts and the American Museum of Natural History. Many musicians and artists call this neighborhood home. The Upper West Side is also known for shopping and dining.
What you should know about Manhattan New York
Is New York and Manhattan the same?
no Manhattan is just one borough of New York City, albeit the most well-known. There is also Brooklyn, the Bronx, Staten Island and the borough of Queens.
What do you call a cab in New York?
You should definitely know that, because at some point you always need a taxi in the Big Apple. Then it is best to ask for a “cab”. With the term “Taxi” you out yourself as a newcomer.
What do you have to eat in New York?
There's a lot there. A pastrami sandwich is definitely one of them. But have a look at our post about what and where New Yorkers eat. You can find more tips there.
New York tips from travel bloggers
- Do you already know this unusual attractions in New York City?
- Also have a look at Yummytravel. Jessica provides the Neighborhoods and Neighborhoods of New York .
- Vicky shows you Accommodation in New York City boroughs.
More tips for New York and the US East Coast
What you need to visit Manhattan New York
- Comfortable shoes are essential for a New York trip. On a New York tour, for example, you walk a lot. The more comfortable your shoes, the more pleasant your culinary tour will be.
- For going to a restaurant in the evening you need comfortable pumps.
- A backpack is very handy for a New York visit. You can store everything in it.
- A A wind and rain jacket is good for sightseeing in New York. The wind often blows violently between the skyscrapers of New York. A jacket like this is very helpful.
- A New York Travel Guide * of course also belongs in the backpack.
- Download an app for subways, buses and trains with maps and timetables * .
Parking at the airport
The best tours and activities in Manhattan New York
Hotels in Manhattan* you can book here.
Do you also know:
- Upper Canada Village Ontario, Canada
- Observation Decks in New York City
- Times Square NY
- New York hotels with the most beautiful views
- The best museums in New York City
- Why a New York City Pass is useful
- New York Tour on the Big Bus
- Plan your New York trip: Booking tips for flights and accommodation
- New York Helicopter Flight
- Christmas in New York City - the most beautiful places at Christmas time
Source Manhattan New York: On-site research as a tour guide in New York. However, our opinion is our own.
Text Manhattan New York: © Copyright Monika Fuchs and TravelWorldOnline
Photos © Copyright Monika Fuchs as well as TravelWorldOnline and Pixabay
Last update on 8.09.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API