Wine trip Wachau on the Danube
On a wine journey Wachau and Danube experience you can most intensively in Wachau hotels, which offer wine experiences. This is possible in these accommodations. Not all are pure wineries. Some are hotels with attached vineyard. Others are inns surrounded by vineyards. Still others are inns that offer a special wine experience in the Wachau Offer. Here we introduce wineries, inns, rural hotels and other accommodations, where you can experience wine in the Wachau.
A typical grape variety of the Wachau is the Green Veltliner *, On the sunny cliffs on the south bank of the Danube grow as well
Experience vineyards and wine in the Wachau hotels on the Danube?
In these selected wineries, inns and rural hotels, a special wine experience awaits you.
Wachau hotels on the Danube
Krems on the Danube - Hotel in Wachau vineyards and Wachau wine vacation at the winegrower
The city of Krems is located at the southern end of the Wachau. It is the largest city in the Wachau. Krems is located about 70 km from Vienna. These hotels and wineries in the surroundings of Krems let you experience the wine region:
- Steigenberger Hotel & Spa * - The 4 star hotel is located two kilometers outside the city. Above the Stein district, it is surrounded by vineyards. In the restaurant Weinberg and the wine bars there are specialties from the Wachau. The panoramic terrace offers beautiful views of the surroundings.
- Winery Hutter * - This winery is located about 20 minutes walk outside the old town of Krems surrounded by vineyards. From the restaurant and the terrace you have a good view of Stift Göttweig and the Wachau. The restaurant also serves its own wines.
- MALAT Winery and Hotel * - Not directly in Krems, but on the other side of the Danube below Stift Göttweig in Furth lies the winery Malat. The hotel is surrounded by the hotel's vineyards. Wine tastings and a restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows provide a great wine experience.
Dürnstein - one of the Wachau hotels on the Danube and Weingut Hotel Wachau
The city of Dürnstein with its eye-catching church is one of the most attractive places in the Wachau. A walk through the place is worthwhile on a wine journey through the village Wachau, This hotel offers a special wine experience:
- Garden hotel and winery Pfeffel * - This hotel is located just outside Dürnstein, right by the hotel's own vineyard. Only the road separates it from the Danube. The hotel owner offers informative guided tours through his vineyard. You can taste homemade wines in the wine bar. There are also wine events in the winery. We have stayed several times at the hotel Pfeffel. These are our personal impressions of this wine hotel.
Weissenkirchen - Guesthouse and Heuriger Wachau with overnight stay
The small town of Weissenkirchen is one of the most important wine-growing villages in the Wachau. Especially Riesling and Grüner Veltliner are grown. Worth seeing are the vineyards in the area and the fortified church of St. Michael a few kilometers outside the village. This stands on the site of a Celtic sanctuary. Charlemagne had a Michael shrine built there around 800. For the first time, the church was mentioned around 987. You can experience wine in Weissenkirchen in:
- Guesthouse and Heuriger Turm Wachau * - In the in-house wine tavern you can taste wines from the owner's winery.
Spitz - Wachau holiday with the winegrower and holiday apartment Wachau Austria
In Spitz, there are several accommodations that thematise the wine in their décor. Above all, we present here hotels and wineries, where you can experience the wine directly. This is possible in these wineries:
- Donabaum Winery "In der Spitz" * - Here you spend the night in the vineyard, about 300 m from the Danube. The focus is on "wine". Enjoy the view of the vineyards of Setzberg. The private accommodation also offers its own winery, where you can taste the wines.
- Apartments in the winery Gritsch * - This property is for holiday apartments. This is suitable for self-catering. Or those who like to eat in restaurants or wine taverns. There are wine tastings in the winery.
You can experience wine in these wineries, wine hotels and holiday apartments. At a wine tasting. Due to the location in the vineyard. In the wine cellar. At the Heuriger. Or a guided tour through the vineyard. Wine plays a major role in these accommodations. Are you looking for other accommodations in the Wachau, you can find them in the section Travel Organization / Accommodation.
Arriving by plane, public transport or car
The nearest airport is Vienna Schwechat. From there you can travel by rental car or public transport. Railway stations are in Krems and in Melk.
and from April to October the Wachau railway
Book yours here Accommodation in the Wachau *
Source: own research on site
Text: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline
Photos: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline
Monika Fuchs and Petar Fuchs are the publishers of the Trips to Savor and Slow Travel Blog TravelWorldOnline Traveler , They have been publishing this blog since 2005. TravelWorldOnline is online since 2001.
Their topics are
Monika Fuchs has been working in tourism since 1990. For 17 she was a tour guide on four continents and accompanied high-class trips. She has been a writer and photographer for TravelWorldOnline since 2001 and is a freelance journalist for DIE ZEIT online and travel magazines such as 360 ° Medien, TRIVAGO, etc. In addition, she writes travel guides about destinations and pleasure destinations all over the world. Petar Fuchs produced the videos on this blog as well YouTube.
The videos of Petar Fuchs are among the Top 40 the German-language travel video profiles on YouTube
TravelWorldOnline Traveler is among the Top 20 of the most successful German travel blogs according to SEO criteria.
TravelWorldOnline Traveler is among the Top 10 of German Food & Wellness Travel Blogs by popularity among its regular readers.
Find more Information about Monika and Petar Fuchs.