Wachau hotels for your Wachau holiday on the Danube
On a wine tour through Lower Austria You can experience the Wachau and Danube most intensely in Wachau Hotels that offer wine experiences. Holidays in Austria's wine-growing regions are guaranteed to be a journey full of pleasure. That works in these accommodations. Not all are pure wineries. Some are hotels with attached vineyards. Others are inns surrounded by vineyards. Still others are inns that offer a special wine experience in the Wachau region. Here we introduce wineries, inns, rural hotels and other accommodations, where you can experience wine in the Wachau.
Experience vineyards and wine in the Wachau hotels on the Danube?
In these selected wineries, inns and rural hotels, a special wine experience awaits you.
Wachau hotels on the Danube
Krems on the Danube - Stay in Wachau vineyards and Wachau wine vacation with the winegrowers
The city of Krems is located at the southern end of the Wachau. It is the largest town in the Wachau. Krems is about 70 km away from Vienna. These hotels and wineries in the Krems area let you experience the wine region:
- Steigenberger Hotel & Spa * - The 4 star hotel is located two kilometers outside the city. Above the Stein district, it is surrounded by vineyards. In the restaurant Weinberg and the wine bars you can taste specialties from the Wachau. The panoramic terrace offers beautiful views of the surroundings.
- Winery Hutter * - This winery is located about 20 minutes walk outside the old town of Krems surrounded by vineyards. From the restaurant and the terrace you have a good view of Stift Göttweig and the Wachau. The restaurant also serves its own wines.
- MALAT Winery and Hotel * - Not directly in Krems, but on the other side of the Danube below Stift Göttweig in Furth lies the winery Malat. The hotel is surrounded by the hotel's vineyards. Wine tastings and a restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows provide a great wine experience.
Dürnstein - one of the Wachau hotels on the Danube and Weingut Hotel in the Wachau
The city of Dürnstein with its eye-catching church is one of the most attractive places in the Wachau. A walk through the village is worthwhile on a wine journey through the Wachau . This hotel offers a special wine experience:
- Garden hotel and winery Pfeffel * - This hotel is located just outside Dürnstein, right by the hotel's own vineyard. Only the road separates it from the Danube. The hotel owner offers informative guided tours through his vineyard. You can taste homemade wines in the wine bar. There are also wine events in the winery. We have stayed several times at the hotel Pfeffel. These are our personal impressions of this wine hotel.
Weissenkirchen - Guesthouse and Heuriger in the Wachau with overnight stay
The small town of Weissenkirchen is one of the most important wine-growing areas in the Wachau. Mainly Riesling and Grüner Veltliner are grown. The vineyards in the area and the fortified church of St. Michael a few kilometers outside the village are well worth seeing. This stands on the site of a Celtic sanctuary. Charlemagne had a sanctuary built there around 800. The church was mentioned for the first time around 987. You can experience wine in Weissenkirchen at:
- Guesthouse and Heuriger Turm Wachau * - In the in-house wine tavern you can taste wines from the owner's winery.
Spitz – Wachau Hotels at the winery and holiday apartments Wachau Austria
In Spitz, there are several accommodations that thematise the wine in their décor. Above all, we present here hotels and wineries, where you can experience the wine directly. This is possible in these wineries:
- Donabaum Winery "In der Spitz" * - Here you spend the night in the vineyard, about 300 m from the Danube. The focus is on "wine". Enjoy the view of the vineyards of Setzberg. The private accommodation also has its own winery, where you can taste the wines.
You can experience wine in these wineries, wine hotels and holiday apartments. At a wine tasting. Because of the location in the vineyard. In the wine cellar. At the Heurigen. Or on a tour of the vineyard. Wine plays a major role in these accommodations. Are you looking for other accommodations in Wachau im Weinviertel, you can find them in the section Travel Organization / Accommodation.
Arriving by plane, public transport or car
The also runs from April to October Wachau railway
Book yours here Accommodation in the Wachau *
By the way:
- the Wachau is also in Autumn beautiful
- Here you can Wachau Point of Interest & Sights discover for connoisseurs
- Gottweig Abbey
- Melk Abbey, Austria
- Do you already know that? Franconian wine country?
- Weinviertel Austria
- Lower Austria
Source Wachau Hotels: own research on site
Text Wachau Hotels: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline
Photos: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline