Motorhome tips for newbies
We are always asked what should be considered when traveling with a camper. The United States and Canada are classic travel destinations where camper and travel go well together. The beautiful nature in the southwest, on the west coast or in the Rocky Mountains tempts you to be as close as possible. But also in Europe there are many regions and travel destinations that are well suited for motorhome trips. The rough coasts of Great Britain, the lakes of Scandinavia or the beaches on the Mediterranean always offer beautifully situated plotswhere you can enjoy the beauties of nature up close. And what better place to do it than in a motorhome, which you put on a campsite in the middle of the forest on a beautifully situated lake or with a view of the dramatic mountains.
Questions RV newbies should ask themselves
For anyone who is dealing with the topic for the first time, there are questions: which motorhome is the best for your type of travel? What size should or may it be so that you feel comfortable with it? How does a mobile home drive? How does parking work in larger cities? Where to find good and nicely located campsites? Which additional technical equipment should you buy and why? What is the best way to park a vehicle like this? What do you have to consider at the campsites? What services are there at the campsites? How mobile are you with the mobile home? Is it worth taking a bike with you to be mobile on site? Should you rent a mobile home or rather buy it? How much does a motorhome vacation cost? How do the prices compare to a trip with a rental car and hotel? What are the additional costs for motorhome trips?
Many of the questions that newbies may encounter are answered in travel guides specially written on the subject:
Books about motorhomes and travel
There are a few books on Amazon that deal with tips for newbies:
Travel know-how Motorhome manual: purchase, equipment, technology, travel preparation, tips for traveling. (Abstract Book)
The handbook for motorhome owners and everyone who wants to become one. It provides detailed and clear information on issues relating to the purchase and equipment, vehicle technology and expansion options, right up to travel questions on the go.
Reise Know-How Praxis Caravan Manual: Guide with many practical tips and information (non-fiction book)
This handbook gives you all the information you need to know about your travel vehicle and tips on travel, equipment, accessories and life on the campsite.
Travel destinations that are well suited for motorhome trips can be found here Selection of travel guides for camper voyages on Amazon.
Tips for motorhome trips
- Camping Holiday Guide: Tips and tricks for all campers
- Why is a folding e-bike useful when camping?
- Gifts for camping enthusiasts
- camping lamps
- Dutch oven sizes
- You can also find Dutch oven accessories
- Packing list motorhome - what you should not forget
- Buy a roof tent for the car
- Winter camping Bavaria - what should you watch out for?
- Motorhome parking spaces in Germany
- Cooking in the camper
- Guide to Camping Accessories: RV, Tent and Outdoor
- Camping Recipes: Your Guide to Outdoor Cooking
- Camping Packing List: Everything you need for camping
- Everything you need to know about campsite reservations
- Motorhome trip through the Franconian wine country
- Go on a culinary journey of discovery with the mobile home
- Camping at the Chiemsee
- Where can I rent a motorhome in Germany
- Camping accessories store
- Cool box for camping
Source: own research.
Text: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline
Photos: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline