Packing list motorhome - have you thought of everything?
Use the motorhome packing list as a checklist before your motorhome trip. Our camping mobile home packing list will help you if you still need equipment. Motorhomes that you rent already have most of their equipment. However, on our motorhome trip we made the experience that certain things are missing. With this list you can check whether everything is available in your motorhome that you want for a Motorhome trip you need. If necessary, you can still get the rest. We have linked some of the equipment. You can order this online using the link. As a check, you can find the checklist here to check everything again: you can download the RV packing list pdf here. print. You will find that there is less space in a motorhome than you imagine.
When buying groceries, it is worthwhile to make sure that you rarely have to shop on the go. Most RVs are big. We have found that shopping facilities do not always have parking spaces where you can easily park a motorhome. Even in downtown areas of larger cities, it is often difficult to get a parking space. We have repeatedly seen that we had to park the motorhome outside of the city. Far from shopping. Therefore, we take care to take food that is as durable as possible when traveling with the motor home.
Durable foods for your motorhome trip
- UHT milk
- Tea / coffee / espresso / cocoa
- Salt / sugar / pepper
- Spices / With Spice Blends. * you can easily cook international dishes.
- Vinegar oil
- Muesli / oatmeal
- Whole grain bread / crispbread
- Jam / Honey / Nutella
- Cookies / Chocolate / Chips
- Flour (in a can)
- Pasta / rice
- Tomato sauces * in various flavors
- Fish * / Sausage * in the can. The more diverse the better.
- Mustard * / Ketchup * (Servings)
- Packet Soups * / -sauces *
- Mashed potatoes * / Fried potatoes *
- Canned Vegetables *
- Ready meals * (maybe the farm shop or the butcher also offers something?)
- Roasted onions *
- Baking mix f. Cake *
Fresh food - packing list camper
- Butter / margarine
- Bread (possibly for freezing)
- Ham / sausage vacuum packed
- Sausages a. in the can
- Salami / pepper biter or similar
- fresh vegetables / fruit
- Meat (vacuum packed)
Space is also limited in larger motorhomes. For the kitchen equipment, this means paying close attention to what is used for what. Can you perhaps replace an item with a smaller one? We use a pasta spoon to replace the sieve. We also use it to protect the pipes in the motorhome. We have crockery, glasses, cups and cutlery 2-3 times per person. So we don't have to rinse after every meal. We then do the washing up in a bowl that we use at the campsite.
If you rent a motorhome, you should take into account that you have to transport everything you take with you. Be it in the car or on public transport, if you only rent the vehicle from A to B. This automatically reduces the equipment.
Kitchen equipment - packing list camper
- Dishes * (sustainable and unbreakable)
- Cups * / Glasses * (unbreakable)
- Cutlery (2x per person)
- chef's knife
- Bottle Openers
- 2-3 Pots *
- 1-2 Pans *
- a Dutch Oven *
- Wooden spoon
- Pasta spoon *
- Kettle *
- Stainless steel jug * f. Coffee, tea
- Coffee filter w. filter
- Clips * to close v. Bags
- Bowl * (for salad & as a mixing bowl)
- mechanical hand mixer *
- Sink bowl and cutting board *
Bedding and covers are sufficient for motorhome trips in summer. However, in autumn or spring there can be nights that are still quite cold. Then we are happy if we have extra blankets with us for cold nights. We only take a sleeping bag and pillow with us when camping in winter. These provide additional warmth when the outside temperature is cold. For the bathing bag for showering on the campsite, we use waterproof bags that can be hung in the shower stalls. So we have all bathing accessories at hand.
Equipment for sleeping and living
- Bedding * and references
- Sleeping bag * and pillows
- Additional blankets f. cold nights
- Shower towels
- Shower bag * at the campsite
Click on the video and leaf through the motorhome packing list.
We make sure that the equipment is as practical as possible. A flashlight and headlamp have proven to be indispensable. If you have to leave the motorhome again at night, a flashlight is good to illuminate the paths. We also take a headlamp with us when we have to work on the camper at night. This leaves us both hands free for work.
Household and tool - packing list camper
- Flashlight *
- Headlamp *
- Lighter / matches
- Garbage bags
- Dish soap
- Dish bowl
- Transport box for dishes *
- oven cloth
- Disinfectant / spray
- kitchen roll
- Broom & shovel
- Sewing kit *
- rubber gloves
- Toilet paper
- Small tool set *
- Swiss Army knife *
- Clothes line *
- freeze bag
- Rag to clean
Motorhome Travel Software - Motorhome Packing List
- Navigation device *
- App for smartphone (Waze with traffic jam info)
- Camping app (e.g. Promobil / ADAC)
- Pitch and camping guide *
A cable drum should be available in every motorhome. The nearest socket is not always close. It does good service there. The same applies to watering can and water hose. Sometimes the parking space is further away from the tap than the hose is long. In such cases, a watering can helps. With a water hose, it is essential to ensure that it is available with tap connectors of different sizes. Only then can you be sure that you can connect the hose to the tap anywhere. Ramps are useful when the surface of the parking space is uneven. With this you straighten the motorhome. Brake chocks let us sleep more peacefully, the camper stands on a mountain slope. The level check for the gas bottle is also important. This tells you how much gas is still available. On hot summer days, an odor improver is good for wastewater. Otherwise smells can quickly become unpleasant.
Pitch guide overnight stay for free
The best RV sites in Germany
Pitch guide farms
What you need for camping and parking space
- Cable drum *
- Watering can * fill to the tank
- Chemistry for the camping toilet *
- Water hose with tap connectors *
- Water thief *
- Ramps *
- Brake wedges *
- Truma level check for the gas bottle *
- Odor improver for waste water *
If you are planning another or longer trip with the motorhome, it is worth taking camping chairs and a camping table with you. So you can make yourself comfortable in front of the camper. This is perfect with an awning carpet and an awning that protects against the sun. What is a camping tour without a barbecue? You should make sure that not every campsite allows the use of charcoal grills. With a gas grill you are on the safe side.
Equipment for being a camper
- Camping chairs *
- Camping table *
- Awning carpet *
- Guy straps for the awning *
- Grill including accessories
Breakdown and security equipment
- Warning triangle *
- First aid kit *
- Safety vests *
- Warning sign * (Note the national regulations: Warning sign Italy and Spain *)
- Vehicle tool kit *
- Screw-in towing eye *
- Tow rope *
- Spare wheel
- Spare fuses *
- Smoke alarm *
- Gas detector *
- Fire extinguisher *
A solar power bank has often served us well on our travels. We always have them with us. Also on city tours or hikes. Since it constantly charges itself, we never run out of power for electronic and digital devices. In cities, it often proves helpful to have a scooter or bike with you. Campsites or parking spaces are usually located on the outskirts or outside the city. If you want to buy fresh bread or fruit and vegetables, it is practical to be able to do this with a mobile stand. Otherwise there are often long footpaths with heavy shopping bags.
Also important for your camping caravan packing list
- DJROLL 36000mAh Qi Wireless Solar Powerbank * or AEU solar energy power bank 40000 MAh * reliable power supply for up to 8 days for cell phones, cameras, etc.
- Scooter * or bike
- Waterproof doormat for rainy days
- Crockery box with lid
- Hot water bottle for cold nights
- Fan heater *
- travel pharmacy
- Charging cable and adapter
- Multiple plug *
- Sunscreen / sunglasses
- Bug spray
- holiday reading
Even if a motorhome looks big at first glance and seems to offer a lot of space, you should think about what to pack. We made the mistake of taking way too much clothing with us on our first tour with the motorhome. Space for clothes is limited. You have the compartments above the bed for this. In our mobile home there was also a small cupboard underneath where we stowed our bags. If you have more with you, and if the motorhome is equipped with your storage room, you can use it Case accommodate. But think carefully about whether you want to leave the motorhome every time you are looking for something specific. On our next tour with the motorhome, we prefer to limit ourselves to what we can put in the shelves. There are places where you can wash in the campsites. This is much more practical than constantly looking for things.
Take a look at ours too Motorhome accessories online shop past. There you will find further equipment for motorhome trips.
More tips for motorhome trips
- Where can I rent a motorhome in Germany?
- Where can you stay overnight in a mobile home in Germany?
- Camping at the Chiemsee
- Camping Waging am See
- Cooking in the camper
- Motorhome trip through the Franconian wine country
- Motorhome tips for newbies
- Go on a culinary journey of discovery with the mobile home
- Motorhome parking spaces in Germany - how and where can you find them?
- This packing list for the vacation - what do you need for the trip?
- Packing list beach vacation
- Packing list hiking vacation
- Winter vacation packing list
Source motorhome packing list pdf research on site
Text mobile home packing list pdf: © Copyright Monika Fuchs
Photos of packing list for camping motorhome: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline