Packing list mobile home - your camping checklist for the camper vacation
Use the RV packing list as a camping checklist before your RV trip. Our camping mobile home packing list will help you if you still need equipment. Motorhomes that you rent already have most of them in their equipment. However, during our motorhome trip, we experienced that certain things were missing. You can use this list to check whether your motorhome has everything you need for a Motorhome trip need If necessary, you can still get the rest. We have linked some of the equipment. You can order these online via the link. You can find the camping checklist here to check everything again: the packing list for the mobile home Ausdrucken you can find here. (Warning: the RV packing list pdf is not complete. We regularly update and expand the online version.) You will find that there is less space in a RV than you might imagine.
How do I pack the motorhome correctly?
Basically, heavy objects belong below. Slight upwards. You should also make sure that the weight is evenly distributed throughout the motorhome. So don't pack all the heavy things in the rear loading area. are also helpful storage boxes*, in which you can store small items such as crockery, cutlery and other small utensils. So you can easily find them again.
What do you need for camping? What is necessary as a camper equipment?
Motorhome packing list for the camper vacation
When shopping for groceries, it is worth making sure that you have to go shopping as rarely as possible. Most RVs are large. Our experience has shown that shopping opportunities do not always have parking spaces where you can park a motorhome without any problems. Even in the inner cities of larger cities, it is often difficult to get a parking space. We have seen again and again that we had to park the motorhome outside of the city. Far from shopping. That is why we make sure to take food that is as durable as possible with you when traveling with the motorhome. This RV packing list provides suggestions for groceries that are useful on the go.
Basic emergency food list
Camping checklist food - durable food
- Drinking water
- UHT milk
- Tea / coffee / espresso / cocoa
- Salt / sugar / pepper
- Spices / With spice mixtures. you can easily cook international dishes.
- Vinegar oil
- Muesli / oatmeal
- Whole grain bread / crispbread
- Jam / Honey / Nutella
- Cookies / Chocolate / Chips
- Flour (in a can)
- Pasta / rice
- Tomato sauces in various flavors
- Fish / sausage in a can. The more diverse, the better.
- Mustard / ketchup (portions)
- Bag soups / sauces
- Mashed potatoes / fried potatoes
- Canned vegetables
- Ready meals (maybe the farm shop or the butcher also offers something?)
- Roasted onions
- Baking mix for cakes
Fresh food - packing list camper
- butter / Margarine
- Bread (possibly for freezing)
- Ham / sausage vacuum packed
- Sausages a. in the can
- Salami / pepper biter or similar
- fresh vegetables / fruit
- Meat (vacuum packed)
Even in larger mobile homes, the space is nevertheless limited. When it comes to kitchen equipment, this means paying close attention to what is used for what. Is it possible to swap out an item for a smaller one? A pasta spoon, for example, replaces the sieve with us. In addition, we protect the pipelines in the mobile home. However, we have crockery, glasses, cups and cutlery 2-3 times per person. Therefore, we don't have to do the dishes after every meal. Finally, we do the dishes all at once in a dishwashing bowl that we use on the campsite.
If you rent a mobile home, you should also take into account that you have to transport everything you take with you home after you return the vehicle. Be it in the car or on public transport if you only rent the vehicle from A to B. This automatically reduces the equipment. The packing list for the motorhome holiday therefore needs to be well thought out. You can also print out the list of the most important accessories in the PDF motorhome packing list.
What should not be missing in a mobile home?
Kitchen Equipment - Packing List Motorhome Vacation
- Dishes *
- Cups * / Glasses * (unbreakable)
- Cutlery (2x per person)
- chef's knife
- Bottle Openers
- 2-3 Pots *
- 1-2 pans *
- a Dutch Oven
- You can also find Dutch oven accessories
- Cool box for camping
- Wooden spoon
- Pasta spoon *
- Kettle *
- electric kettle, foldable *
- Stainless steel jug * f. Coffee, tea
- Coffee machines for motorhomes
- Coffee filter w. filter
- foldable funnel for filling drinks *
- clips * to close v. Bags
- Bowl * (for salad & as a mixing bowl)
- mechanical hand mixer *
- Strainer and cutting board (foldable) *
In any case, bedding and covers are sufficient in the packing list for a mobile home holiday in summer. in the Autumn or spring, however, there can be nights that are already or still quite cold. Then we are happy if we have extra blankets with us for cold nights. Instead, we take a sleeping bag and pillow with us when winter camping. These provide additional heat when the outside temperatures are cold. When it comes to bathing bags for showering on the campsite, we also make sure that the bags are waterproof and can be hung up in the shower cubicles. So we have all bathing utensils at hand.
Basic motorhome equipment
Caravan equipment for sleeping & living - what should not be forgotten when camping?
- Bedding * and references
- Sleeping bag * and pillows
- Additional blankets f. cold nights
- Cooling blankets for hot nights*
- Shower towels
- Shower bag * at the campsite
Click on the video and leaf through the motorhome packing list.
We make sure that the equipment is as practical as possible. A flashlight and headlamp, for example, have proven indispensable. If you have to leave the mobile home again at night, a flashlight is definitely good for illuminating the paths. Instead, we take a headlamp with us when we have to work on the mobile home at night. That way we have both hands free for work.
Caravan Household equipment and tools - what is essential in a motorhome?
- Flashlight *
- Headlamp *
- camping lamps
- Lighter / matches
- Garbage bags
- Dish soap
- Transport box for dishes *
- Bottle holder *so that nothing falls over
- Stacking protection for plates *so that nothing rattles or breaks
- oven cloth
- Disinfectant / spray
- kitchen roll
- Broom & shovel
- Sewing kit *
- rubber gloves
- Toilet paper
- Small tool set *
- Swiss Army knife *
- Clothes line *
- freeze bag
- Rag to clean
- Fresh keeping agent for drinking water *
- Folding bucket *
- Steel gas cylinders * or, if you want to save weight, Aluminum gas bottles *
- Gas bottle level meter *
- Gas cartridges * for one Gas cooker * for outdoor cooking
- Gas bottle adapter set for other EU countries *
- Cable ties*
- Replacement car lamps *
Motorhome travel software belongs on the Motorhome packing list
- Navigation device *
- App for smartphone (Waze with traffic jam info)
- Camping app (e.g. Promobil / ADAC)
- Pitch and camping guide *
By the way, every mobile home should have a cable drum. After all, the nearest socket is not always close by. It definitely does a good job there. The same applies to the watering can and water hose. Otherwise, the parking space is further away from the water tap than the hose is long. Another time you might instead stay overnight on a pitch without a fresh water connection. Then a watering can helps. With a water hose, you should also make sure that it is available with tap connectors of different sizes. Only then can you be sure that you can connect the hose to the tap anywhere.
Ramps are also useful if the parking space is uneven. Otherwise you will level the mobile home. On top of that, chocks let us sleep better when the mobile home is on a mountain slope. The level check for the gas bottle is also important. This tells you, for example, how much gas is left. On hot summer days, an odor improver is also good for the waste water. Otherwise, odors can quickly become unpleasant.
Camping guide for the motorhome packing list
Yes we camp! City camping
Motorhome parking spaces in Germany
Pitch guide farms
Other parking and camping guides that we recommend:
- Winegrowers Atlas 2021 *
- Motorhome Highlights Germany *
- Yes we camp! Motorhome tours through Northern Germany *
- Weekend and mobile home. North Sea*
- Weekend and RV Baltic Sea Coast *
- Mecklenburg Lake Districts. Weekend and RV *
- Weekend and mobile home. Rhine Main Area*
- Allgäu. Weekend and RV *
- Weekend and mobile home. Swabian Alp *
- Lake Constance. Weekend and RV *
- Lower Rhine, Cologne. Weekend and RV *
RV equipment checklist for camping and pitch
- Cable drum *
- Power cable *
- Portable power station* Explorer 1000 Mobile power storage with 230V/1000W (peak 2000W) socket, USB and QC or alternatively the Jackety Explorer 500* with lower capacity
- CEE plug for motorhomes *
- CEE plug adapter *
- Watering can * fill to the tank
- Environmentally friendly chemical additive for the camping toilet *
- Water hose with tap connectors *
- Water thief *
- Water tank adapter *
- One is also practical Water case *
- Water filter *
- Water can *if you don't have a water connection
- Ramps *
- Starting aid *in case you get stuck (even better. Start-up aid for sludge *)
- A washable one helps to keep it clean inside Dirt trap *
- Brake wedges *
- Odor improver for waste water *
Camping equipment camper
If you are planning a longer trip with the mobile home, it is definitely worth taking camping chairs and a camping table with you. You can use it to make yourself comfortable in front of the mobile home, for example. This is also perfect with an awning carpet and an awning or parasol, which also protect against the sun. On the other hand, what is a camping trip without a barbecue? You should also note that not every campsite allows the use of charcoal grills. With a Gas grill so you are on the safe side. In any case, this packing list for the motorhome holiday gives an overview of what you need for it.
Checklist camping mobile home for the camper vacation
- Camping chairs *
- Camping table *
- Awning carpet *
- Guy straps for the awning *
- Rain bar for the awning *
- Grill including accessories
- Hammock *
- Sunshade with UV protection *
- Parasol stand for on the go * or with turf thorn*
- E-bike folding bike for camping
Basic motorhome equipment list for breakdowns and safety
- Warning triangle *
- First aid kit *
- Safety vests *
- Warning sign * (Note the national regulations: Warning sign Italy and Spain *)
- Magnetic signs "blind spot" * (mandatory in France since 2021)
- Vehicle tool kit *
- Screw-in towing eye *
- Tow rope *
- Spare wheel
- Wheel cross for punctures *
- Spare fuses *
- Smoke alarm *
- Gas detector *
- Fire extinguisher *
- Fire blanket *
- Replacement fuses *
A solar power bank has definitely served us well on our travels. We therefore always have them with us, even on city tours or hikes. Because it constantly charges itself, we never run out of power for electronic and digital devices. In cities it also proves to be helpful to have a scooter or a E bike to have with you. Because campsites or parking spaces are often located on the outskirts or outside of the city. If you want to buy fresh bread or fruit and vegetables, it is therefore practical to be able to do this with a set of wheels. On the other hand, long walks with heavy shopping bags are often necessary.
Also important for your camping caravan packing list
- DJROLL 36000mAh Qi Wireless Solar Power Bank * reliable power supply for up to 8 days for cell phones, cameras, etc.
- e-scooter * or Folding e-bike *
- Crockery box with lid
- Hot water bottle for cold nights
- Fan heater *
- travel pharmacy
- One is practical Pill box *, in which you can classify your medication
- Charging cable and adapter
- Multiple plug *
- Sunscreen / sunglasses
- Bug spray
- holiday reading
Check your motorhome checklist carefully. Even if an RV looks big at first glance and seems to offer a lot of space, you should think about what you pack. We made the mistake of taking far too many clothes with us on our first tour with the mobile home. However, the space for clothes is limited. You have the compartments above the bed for that. Our camper also had a small closet underneath that we used to store our bag. If you have more with you, and if the mobile home is also equipped with a storage room, you can use it suitcase accommodate.
Checklist camping motorhome
Browse the Camping Motorhome checklist to see if you need everything. Nevertheless, think carefully about whether you feel like leaving the mobile home every time you are looking for something specific. On our next tour with the mobile home, we limit ourselves to what we can fit in the shelves instead. In the campsites there are usually places where you can wash anyway. This is definitely more practical than constantly looking for things.
Packing list camper clothes
Take a look at ours too Motorhome accessories online shop over. There you will find additional equipment for motorhome trips. In any case, we hope that the packing list for camping with the mobile home will help you with the planning. Or download our RV packing list pdf.
Tips for motorhome trips
- Traveling by motorhome - tips
- Where can I rent a motorhome in Germany?
- Where can you stay overnight in a mobile home in Germany?
- Camping at the Chiemsee
- Camping Waging by the lake
- Cooking in the camper
- Gas grill accessories - why is it worth it?
- Grill Spare Ribs with a Rib Marinade
- Motorhome trip through the Franconian wine country
- Motorhome tips for newbies
- Go on a culinary journey of discovery with the mobile home
- Motorhome parking spaces in Germany - how and where can you find them?
- This packing list for the vacation - what do you need for the trip?
- packing list beach vacation
- Packing list hiking vacation
- Checklist beach vacation
- Winter vacation packing list
- Gifts for camping enthusiasts
Do you also know:
- Guide to Camping Accessories: RV, Tent and Outdoor
- Which rain jacket is the best?
- Buying a hiking backpack – you should know this before you buy it
- Camping accessories store
- Vacation packing list
Source motorhome packing list pdf research on site
Text mobile home packing list pdf: © Copyright Monika Fuchs and TravelWorldOnline
Photos packing list camping mobile home: © Copyright Monika Fuchs and TravelWorldOnline
Matching one foldable solar panel*to generate their own electricity