How beautiful hiking on the Moselle is, we have seen in several hiking trails discovered in the region around Alf, Bullay and Zell on the Moselle. There are wonderful views of the river along the way. The idyllic places are worth a visit. You can also go on a wine tasting hike in the wine region. Or just pack a bottle of Moselle wine and a snack in your backpack, find a nice vantage point for a picnic and enjoy the views of the Mosel.
Hiking along the Moselle to the Prinzenkopf
This hike along the Moselle offers beautiful views of the river, Bullay and Plünderich. This is hiking on the Moselle with pleasure. From the parking lot in Auf d. Hill in Alf head north and take the Auf Tannerd path which branches sharply to the left. On the way you will pass the Margarethenhöhe viewpoint. From there you have a beautiful view of the Moselle and the double-decker bridge that leads from Bullay over the river. After about 600 meters, turn left onto the Waldfrieden path. At Haus Waldfrieden, turn right and follow the path past the military cemetery to the Prinzenkopf lookout tower.
We continued our hike along the Moselle to a vantage point on Plünderich. From there you have a view of the Moselle and the town of Plünderich.
There you can unpack your snack and enjoy the view with a glass of Moselle wine.
Hiking on the Moselle through the vineyards near Alf
A hike along the Moselle through the vineyards above Alf is also rewarded with beautiful views of the town and the river. We park our car at the riverside parking lot and walk to the church of Alf. Shortly after we turn left onto the Bergstrasse. We follow this until Solligstraße branches off to the half right. Shortly thereafter, Solligstrasse makes a sharp right turn up the hill. This road leads us directly to the mountain chapel. On this route we hike through the vineyards on the Moselle and always have the river in view.
Have you ever gone hiking at the Lower Moselle? The holiday region with its Moselle towns is only a few kilometers from Koblenz away and is a suitable starting point for tours through the area. The hiking trails through nature are very well marked, eventful and the good thing: they always bring hikers back to the starting point.
Hiking along the Moselle on the Moselsteig side jump "Würzlaysteig"
The Moselsteig side jump "Würzlaysteig" in Lehmen. Varied landscapes, fascinating views and unique flora and fauna make this 9,3-kilometer tour an experience. The hike begins at the Lehmen sports park in the direction of the Würzlay vineyard. After a few steps along a wooded natural path, you have left everyday life behind and can enjoy the views of the valley. High above the Moselle and the Würzlay vineyard, an alpine path leads through the steep slopes. This section requires fitness, sure-footedness and a minimum head for heights. The ascent is rewarded with a few vantage points. Numerous benches and rest areas invite you to linger.
Hike on the Moselle with a wide view of the Moselle valley
Accompanied by the Maifeld, you can easily reach the Ausoniushütte, which invites you to take a break in the countryside. A short path off the route leads to the Ausoniusstein viewpoint, a cantilevered rock over the Moselle. Here it is worth stopping and taking in the wide view of the Moselle valley while hiking along the Moselle. Much more relaxed and less strenuous it then goes along fields and meadows on the plateau through the Ausoniusstein nature reserve. The way back is rewarded with another beautiful view from the Hubertushöhe. After a short steep descent, you return to the starting point.
That has to be in your suitcase, if you are planning a hike on the Moselle
- Comfortable shoeswith which you can also walk over uneven terrain. There are beautiful hiking trails that lead through rough terrain.
- A backpackby taking your gear with you for a day. A Picnic with a view of the Moselle you can plan your hike well here.
- In summer you need one hat that protects against the sun. The vineyards for hiking are on the sunny side of the valley.
- Did you pack everything for a hike? With our hiking checklist you can easily check that.
Do you prefer to travel with the mobile home for hiking on the Moselle?
- Do you want to rent a motorhome? Then you will find information and a selection in these booking options. Or do you prefer to travel with a roof tent on the car? Also the overnight stay in camping tents is possible.
- Check our packing list for campers to see whether you have packed everything for your motorhome tour.
- You want to know where you can stay overnight in Germany and are you looking for campsites? You can find information about this under this link. There you can prepare your meal in a Dutch Oven or on the portable grill . You can also find Dutch oven accessories can be found here.
We stayed at this Flair Hotel. From there you can go on excursions with the hotel's own convertible.
Ferdinand Remy Street 27
56859 Alf on the Mosel
Information, availability check and online booking*
Parking at the airport
Campsites on the Moselle
Do you already know:
- Moselle tour around Alf on the Moselle
- Good food, wine and the Moselle in Luxembourg
- Tiny house or wine barrel? Extraordinary overnight stays on the Moselle
- What do you have to see in and around Koblenz
- Bömers Mosellandhotel in Alf
- Camping accessories store
Source hiking on the Moselle: own research and djd/tourist information sunny lower Moselle
Text Hiking on the Moselle: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline and djd/Tourist-Information Sunny Lower Moselle
Photos: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline and Pixabay