Good restaurants in Aachen near the town hall
We got to know two good restaurants in Aachen near the town hall on our last visit to the city. We went there to see museums. The Cathedral Treasury, the Center Charlemagne and the Couven Museum are all close to the town hall. So we combined our stay in the city with testing good restaurants near the town hall. We present you here what we discovered.
All restaurants tested are easily accessible from these museums, but also from the city hall. Therefore they are well suited for a visit to the old town in Nordrhein-Westfalen. After our visit to the Couven Museum, it's time for a coffee break. We do this in the
Alt Aachener Kaffeestuben - Good restaurants in Aachen near the town hall
This pastry shop with attached café is just steps away from the Couven Museum. It is located on the corner Körbergasse / Büchel. The entrance is in any case in Büchel. Already on entering the pastry shop, the water in my mouth runs together in the cake selection, which is offered here. However, we are here for a Aachen specialty. We want to try the Belgian rice cake, which you only get here in the original. At least that's what they told us.
We order coffee and a rice cake. This consists of a dough made from milk rice and is thickly covered with fresh strawberries. It definitely tastes delicious. When I asked whether the cake was actually original, the girl at the cake counter proudly answered: “Definitely! Our rice cake is even made in Belgium. ”
Old Aachen coffee shops
click here for a map
After a walk across the market of Aachen and its side streets, it's time for dinner. For this we have reserved a table in the
Ratskeller - Good restaurants in Aachen near the town hall
As the name of the restaurant suggests, it is located in the basement of the town hall. We had adjusted to a rustic and rustic restaurant. Therefore, we visited it in the casual clothes, which we had worn for the visits of the museums in the afternoon. The Ratskeller opens at 18.00 clock. That's why we wanted to have dinner before we went back to our hotel just outside the old town.
It was only when we entered the restaurant that we realized that this is an upscale restaurant. Unfortunately, we were not forewarned. Therefore, we fell with our casual clothes something out of the frame of the finer company that comes here to eat. That put a stop to our stay in this restaurant. Because the staff did not look over it and treated us condescendingly. An absolute no-go in a restaurant that claims a high standard. Friendliness and hospitality are paramount in a restaurant that aspires to this level.
What you need for a visit to Aachen
- You will do a lot on foot in Aachen. Hence are comfortable shoes important.
- If you are planning an elegant evening, then you should comfortable pumps .
- Aachen offers many delicacies that are suitable as souvenirs. The ones mentioned here are just a few of them. In one backpack you can accommodate them well.
- Forget yours Camera not, because the historic old town of Aachen tempts you to take photos in many places.
Excellent food in the Ratskeller
The food, however, more than lived up to this claim. Amuse Bouche, starter, intermediate course and main course were delicious and very appetizing. We renounced the dessert. Not because we did not like the food. Four courses were just too much for us after our coffee break in the afternoon. The non-alcoholic cocktail, which we served on request as an aperitif, was very good and imaginatively prepared. As tasteful as the wine, which we drank to the main course. That suited everything. Unfortunately, we could not enjoy it as we would have liked to because of the overbearing behavior of some members of the staff.
I'm sure, if we had known before, that we would have been better served in an elegant outfit and suit there to eat, we would have raved about this restaurant. So, however, I have to cut corners regarding the friendliness of the staff towards his guests. If you want to enjoy the food in the Ratskeller, pay attention to the clothes in which you want to dine there. Then a visit is sure to be a culinary experience.
click here for a map
We can therefore recommend two good restaurants in Aachen near the town hall.
Do you like to travel by motorhome?
- Do you want to rent a motorhome? Then you will find information and a selection in these booking options. Rent a motorhome or a camper near you here. Or would you prefer to stay overnight in a roof tent on the car? Also the overnight stay in a camping tent is possible.
- Check our packing list for campers to see whether you have packed everything for your motorhome tour.
- A campsite in Aachen is the Bad Aachen motorhome parking space, Branderhofer Weg 11, 52066 Aachen. But there are other campsites near Aachen. There you can after a day trip in a Dutch Oven or on the portable grill after a day trip . Dutch oven accessories here.
- Practical accessories for the mobile home you can also find here.
- Why is a folding e-bike useful when camping?
Tips for Aachen and the surrounding area
- Discover now 3 Top Aachen attractions on 1 day
- Aachen specialties, restaurants and culinary tips
- A walk through the old town from Aachen
- Pure enjoyment - travel tips for three days in Monschau in the Eifel
- Monschau - Visit a historic gem in the Eifel
- You can experience the Eifel for connoisseurs like that
- Discover more Travel Destinations for Connoisseurs in North Rhine-Westphalia
Book yours here Arrival by plane, bus or train*. The nearest airport is definitely Maastricht-Aachen (about 40 km away). From there you can take the train or Flixbus to Aachen. Those arriving by car can park their car in one of the multi-storey car parks close to the centre.
Accommodation in Mainz:
Hotels, apartments and other accommodation in Aachen * You can also book under this link. We definitely have the INNside at Melia * A comfortable hotel with a parking garage, from which you can easily reach the museums on foot.
Do you already know:
Source for the article Good restaurants in Aachen near the town hall: own research on site. We also thank aachen tourist service ev for the friendly support of this trip. Our opinion, however, remains our own.
Text Good restaurants in Aachen near the town hall: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline
Photos Good restaurants in Aachen near the town hall © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline