What is more practical - trolley or travel bag on the train?
Display - Trolley or Travel Bag - What's more convenient on the train? On our journey from Munich to Cesenatico in Italy, we were also traveling by train. From Bologna airport we took the shuttle bus to the city's main train station. From there we continued by train to Cesena. There we were picked up. Since we were only there for four days, we were spoiled for choice. Our big suitcase was too big for the few days. Should we take trolley or travel bag instead? As experienced road trippers and air travelers this question was not so easy to answer. Otherwise, we'll simply pack the trunk of our car. Or we invite ours Luggage at the airport right in the car. We faced the following problems:
- How big is the luggage compartment above the seats in the train?
- Do we need free space for purchases we make locally?
- How far are the ways we put our luggage back?
- Are these ways easy to handle? Or do they lead over bumpy terrain, over many steps or are there elevators?
Since we should get the answers to all these questions and the question of trolley or travel bag only on site, our considerations looked like this:
The advantages and disadvantages of a travel bag
- A travel bag gives way and can also be stuffed in trays, but with the side effect that the clothes that are transported in it no longer looks freshly ironed.
- A travel bag has the advantage that you can put new purchases in the last corners and spaces and the material is usually yielding enough, even the most formless Souvenirs accommodate.
- Travel bags are usually required. Therefore, one of the disadvantages of this type of luggage is that its weight becomes a heavy burden over long distances and over many stairs.
The advantages and disadvantages of a travel trolley
- A travel trolley offers relatively little space. However, you can store the clothes in it smoothly, and she arrives fresh ironed at the destination.
- The dimensions of a travel trolley are accurately measured so that they fit both in the luggage racks in the aircraft and on the rows of seats in the train. This has proven to be excellent on our trip to Italy.
- When packing you have to plan from the outset so that there is room for possible souvenirs, and should do without anything unnecessary. It's not always easy when you're used to carrying all sorts of equipment in the trunk of your car.
- One of the great things about a trolley is that you can roll it across the dirtiest terrain so you do not lose weight on your shoulders.
That was the decisive factor in our decision: a travel trolley is the right piece of luggage for us - for both car, train and air travel. We were with two trolley after Cesenatico on the way and found at the end of our trip even enough space in it for two bottles of wine, a few pieces Fossa cheese and fruit jellies from the Emilia Romagna, So for us the perfect luggage! So we answer the question whether trolley or travel bag in the train clearly with trolley.
Practical for your travels
- Suitcases, trolley or backpack ladies like what?
- Traveling on the train with a backpack Ladies show how it's done.
- Winter in Canada - what ladies in a backpack take
- Reading material for the backpack Ladies choose
- Which rain jacket ladies take in a backpack
- A travel adapter that belongs to your holiday packing list
Source: own research on site. The article was paid by koffer-arena.de
Text: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline
Photos: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline
Monika Fuchs and Petar Fuchs are the publishers of the Trips to Savor and Slow Travel Blog TravelWorldOnline Traveler , They have been publishing this blog since 2005. TravelWorldOnline is online since 2001.
Their topics are
Monika Fuchs has been working in tourism since 1990. She has been a tour guide on four continents for 17 years and has accompanied high-class trips through North and Central America, Australia, southern Africa and Europe. Since 2001 she has been a writer and photographer for TravelWorldOnline and writes as a freelance journalist for DIE ZEIT Online and travel magazines such as 360 ° Medien, TRIVAGO, Expedia, travador, etc. She also writes travel guides about destinations and enjoyment destinations all over the world. Your guide about Canada's east was released in 2020. Petar Fuchs produced the videos on this blog as well YouTube.
Monika Fuchs from TravelWorldOnline Traveler is at Germany's top 50 bloggers in 2020
TravelWorldOnline Traveler is among the Top 50 German-language travel blogs according to reader charts.
TravelWorldOnline Traveler is among the Top 20 of the most successful German travel blogs according to SEO criteria.
TravelWorldOnline Traveler is among the Top 5 of German Food & Wellness Travel Blogs by popularity among its regular readers.
Find more Information about Monika and Petar Fuchs.