Wine weekend francs
Excursions and tips for Würzburg visitors. Five wine villages in Franconia for a holiday with a winegrower in Franconia or for a wine weekend in Franken? Going on holiday in a wine region in Germany is possible in these places. A Franconian wine route that bears this name does not officially exist. But a vacation on the Main at a winegrower's house comes very close to this experience. When the winemakers harvest their grapes in autumn, things get exciting in the wine regions. How was the summer How much sun did the grapes get? What will the new year be like? A wine of the century, or rather middle class? These questions and more are preoccupying the winemakers in the wine villages on the Main at the end of summer.
Then they like to celebrate. The beginning of the grape harvest. The first wines of the year. But also the end of anxiety. Autumn is the time when the grapes are harvested. It's worth a feast. then decorates one the wine shops. Guests are very welcome. Wine and enjoyment are celebrated gladly in the wine country Franconia. The same applies, of course, to the hedge taverns, where you can enjoy the wine in cozy surroundings with regional specialties such as an "onion block" Try it directly at the winemaker can. Therefore, a wine weekend in September or October is particularly fun.
Franconian wine country places for your wine weekend
Franconian wine towns on the Main are perfect for a wine weekend for connoisseurs in Bavaria. In summer and autumn, the residents of the Mainschleife near Würzburg like to celebrate their way of life and their wines. They invite you to wine festivals in the towns on the Main. A visit to the wine shops is also worthwhile. There you can learn about the wines of the Main Region inform. Some even offer courses in which you can acquire special wine knowledge. The best thing is the wine tasting and wine festivalsthat you best combine with enjoying Franconian specialties. Then it works with the experience of the wine towns in the Main Valley in Franconia. That means traveling and enjoying in Franconia. The cities on the Main are well worth a visit.
Winery with overnight stay for a vacation with a winemaker in Franconia
- Villa Sommerach in Sommerach with in-house wine shop *
- Castle Hotel Steinburg in Würzburg * in the middle of the vineyards, the only one Weinberg Hotel in Wurzburg
- The Sonnenhotel Roemmert Winery * lies in the vineyards near Volkach. The sauna overlooks the vineyards.
- Villa Geisenhof near Miltenberg * offers wine tasting
You can also experience a vacation on the Main at the winemaker's here:
We present five wine locations in Franconia. There are wine towns around Würzburg. They are located in the wine region of Mainfranken and are close enough that you can comfortably explore them in two to three days. The driving routes between the villages are not far, so there is enough time to take a closer look at the Franconia wine region. Above all, you can enjoy them at leisure. You need them for such a trip to the wineries in Mainfranken. Not only to drink wine, but also to let the atmosphere of these wine towns in Franconia affect you. What could be nicer in a wine region than tasting the wines of the local winegrowers with regional specialties. We start ours Travel along the Main in these Franconian wine towns.
Do you like to travel to a wine weekend in Franconia in your motorhome?
- Do you want to rent a motorhome? Then you will find information here and booking options. Or would you prefer to stay overnight roof tent on the car? Also the overnight stay in camping tent is possible.
- Check with ours packing list for camperswhether you have packed everything for your motorhome tour. Then you are ready for your wine weekend in Franconia.
- You want to know where to go with a motorhome stay overnight in Germany can and are you looking for parking spaces and campsites? You can find information about this under this link. This is a great way to explore the Franconian wine region.
– We stayed at a campsite in Schweinfurt, a pitch in Wipfeld, a campsite near Volkach, a pitch in Kitzingen, a pitch in Veitshöchheim and a campsite in Karlstadt. There you can after a day trip in a Dutch Oven on the portable grill or maybe on that Campfire to prepare your dinner.
Franconian wine towns for a wine holiday in Franconia
Volkach is a Franconian wine village on the Main loop and only a few kilometers away from the Main Island. Delicious red and white wines thrive on this. The wines on the steep slopes on the other bank of the Main are also particularly good. There the grapes get a lot of sun. Volkach is a historic wine-growing town where wine has been produced for centuries. He has a marketplace that is well worth seeing. There are a few restaurants at this square where you can try your first Franconian wines. Best with onion bread or Franconian sausages. A visit to Volkach is especially nice when there are wine festivals. The Volkacher know how to celebrate their wine and themselves. You can combine that with a wine weekend. This is possible, for example, with
- Festival of the Volkacher Lifestyle (June 17.6 - June 18.6.2022, XNUMX)
- at the Franconian wine festival in August (12.-16.8.2022)
The Franconian wine town of Sommerach on the Main Island is smaller. There are places in the Franconian wine country that are particularly attractive. Sommerach is one of them. He was awarded the gold medal several times in the competition "Our village should be more beautiful", as well as in the "Entente Florale", in which he received the highest award for his flower arrangements. Town houses and half-timbered houses give Sommerach a very special ambience. Worth a visit is the wine shop of the place, the Winzerkeller Sommerach. There you can not only taste wines. You can take wine tours through the vineyards. The wine school, where you can learn a lot of interesting things about wine, is fascinating. Or do you fancy a cooking class where you learn which wine goes best with which food? Wine is also celebrated in Sommerach. This is what happens every year
– Jazz & wine, musical tour in romantic inner courtyards and gardens, Info: Tel. 09381 / 802485, May 22, 2022
– Silvaner by night, wine tasting in several wineries, 18.30 p.m. to midnight, 24.00 and 10 June 17
– “Style and Fascination”, wine festival in the romantic town center around the village fountain; Tel. 09381/1229, July 8th to 11th, 2022
– “Experience and enjoy”, farm open days, Tel. 09381 1229 or 09381 718 79 39, September 03rd and 04th, 2022
The city Ochsenfurt am Main is not only worth a visit for the wine. It is one of the places in the Würzburg wine region. The city describes itself as the "city of towers". This is because the city wall of Ochsenfurt has been almost completely preserved. City gates and towers still watch over the city today and give it a medieval flair. The New Town Hall from the 15th century and the magnificent half-timbered houses in the city center also contribute to this. With its two breweries, the city is not only popular with wine lovers. But of course Ochsenfurt also celebrates wine:
- at the German-Italian-French Wine Festival (29.07.2022/31.07.2022/XNUMX to XNUMX/XNUMX/XNUMX)
Würzburg am Main wine region
Although Würzburg is a bigger city, wine plays an important role there. That goes back to the time of the archbishops. They had wine grown on their estates along the Main. But the city's hospitals also made a name for themselves with their wines. The Würzburg wine region is known for its good wines. In the Bürgerspital you can enjoy wine in the courtyard of the historic building, as it has been for centuries. The Juliusspital also owns a winery to this day. This is now causing a sensation as the VDP winery with its excellent wines. The Würzburger Stein, a grape variety for which the city is known, grows on the slopes of the Main in and around Würzburg. There are many wine festivals in Würzburg:
- Kelterhallen wine festival (April 08.04th - April 09.04.2022th, XNUMX)
- Culture days at the Juliusspital winery (May 21.05 - June 05.06.2022, XNUMX)
- The Würzburg Wine Village (May 25.5 to June 06.06, 2022)
- Bürgerspital-Hofschoppenfest (June 09.06th - June 18.06.2022th, XNUMX)
- Hofgarten Wine Festival (July 01.07st - July 10.07.2022th, XNUMX)
- Wein am Stein 2022 (concert on July 18.07.2022th, XNUMX)
- Wine parade on the market square (next dates: August 25 to September 4, 2022, August 31 to September 10, 2023 - without guarantee)
Miltenberg for a wine weekend
For the last wine village on the Main on our wine weekend in the Franconian wine country, we first leave the river banks and drive to Miltenberg on the Main in Churfranken. Miltenberg is particularly interesting for wine lovers because - in contrast to the previously mentioned wine locations - more red wine is grown here. The region owes this to the loamy and clayey red sandstone soils and the location in the basin between the Odenwald and the Spessart. This basin position ensures a particularly mild climate. Therefore, Burgundy wines grow under perfect conditions on the Main slopes around Miltenberg. Of course, Miltenberg also celebrates wine.
- Burgstadt Wine Culture Night (11.06.2022)
- Miltenberger Weinherbst (Fri. 23.09.2022 - Mon. 03.10.2022)
Our tip for a wine weekend in these Franconian wine towns on the Main? Take your time to enjoy. In addition to good wine, these places offer interesting sights. You cannot visit all of them on a weekend. Pick the ones that make you curious and come back next year. Enjoyable days await you in the Franconian wine country.
Travel tips for your Franconia wine weekend
Arrival to your wine weekend
Rental car in the Franconian wine region:
Accommodations for your wine weekend:
You want to stay in another place? Then search on this website for yours Weinland Franken Accommodation for connoisseurs *
Discover wine experiences in other regions:
- Tips for a weekend in Würzburg
- A wine weekend at the Ahr
- Ideas for a weekend on the Main with the camper
- Tips for a Wine weekend on the Rhine
- Wine weekend at a vineyard in the Rheingau
- South Africa wine region
In WellSpaPortal you will find more Excursion destinations for the weekend.
Quelle Holidays at the winemaker in Franconia: research on site
Text vacation at the winemaker in Franconia: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline
Photos of a vacation at the winemaker in Franconia: © Copyright Monika Fuchs, TravelWorldOnline