Wine weekend in Franconia at the winemaker or in the wine hotel
Excursions and tips for the Würzburgvisitor. Six wine villages in Franconia for a holiday with a winegrower in Franconia or for a wine weekend in Franken? Holidays in a wine region of Germany are possible in these places. There is no official Franconian wine route that bears this name. But a holiday on the Main with a winegrower comes very close to this experience. You will also find beautiful wine villages in Franconia a little off the Main.
Enjoy a wine weekend in Franconia in the most beautiful wine villages in Franconia
Volkach is a Franconian wine town on the Mainschleife and only a few kilometers away from the Main island. Delicious red and white wines, for example, thrive here. The wines on the steep slopes on the other bank of the Main river are particularly good. The grapes get a lot of sun there. Volkach is also a historic wine-growing town where wine has been produced for centuries. It has a marketplace worth seeing. There are a few restaurants in its square where you can taste your first Franconian wines. Best with onion bread or Franconian sausages. A visit to Volkach is particularly nice when wine festivals are taking place. The people of Volkach also know how to celebrate their wine and themselves. You can easily combine this with a wine weekend. This is possible, for example, with
- Festival of the Volkach way of life Date:
- at the Franconian wine festival in August. Meeting:
Instead, the Franconian wine town of Sommerach on the Main island is smaller. There are places in the Franconian wine country that are particularly attractive. Sommerach is one of them. It was repeatedly awarded the gold medal in the competition "Our village should become more beautiful", as well as in the "Entente Florale", where it received the highest award for its floral decorations. Town houses as well as its half-timbered houses give Sommerach a very special ambience. Worth a visit is the wine shop of the Winzerkeller Sommerach. There you can not only taste wines. You can take wine tours through the vineyards. The wine school is fascinating. There you can learn a lot of interesting things about wine, for example. Or do you fancy a cooking course where you can learn which wine goes best with which food? Wine is also celebrated in Sommerach. Every year you can attend
- Enjoy wine on the church square. Meeting:
- Silvaner at night, wine tasting in several wineries, 18.00 p.m. to midnight, date:
- "Style and fascination“, wine festival in the romantic town center around the village fountain; Tel. 09381/1229, appointment:
- "Experience and enjoy", Open Farm Days, Tel. 09381 1229 or 09381 718 79 39, date:
The city of Ochsenfurt is not only worth a visit for the wine. It is also one of the must-see places in the Würzburg wine region. The city describes itself as the "City of Towers". This is because the city wall of Ochsenfurt is almost completely preserved. City gates and towers still watch over the city today and give it a medieval flair. The new town hall from the 15th century and the magnificent half-timbered houses in the city center contribute to this. With its two breweries, the city is not only popular with wine lovers. But of course Ochsenfurt also celebrates wine:
– at the German-Italian-French Wine Festival (July 26.07.2024, 28.07.2024 – July XNUMX, XNUMX at the Stadtgraben)
Würzburg am Main wine region
Although Würzburg is a bigger city, wine plays an important role there. This goes back to the time of the archbishops. They already had wine grown on their properties along the Main. But the city's hospitals also made a name for themselves with their wines. The Würzburg wine region is known for its good wines wines. In the Bürgerspital you can enjoy wine in the courtyard of the historic building, as you have for centuries. The Juliusspital also has a winery to this day. This is now causing a sensation as the VDP winery with its excellent wines. The Würzburger Stein, a grape variety for which the city is known, grows on the slopes of the Main in and around Würzburg. You can also walk well through the vineyard hike. Wine festivals and opportunities for Wine tastings there are definitely many in Würzburg:
– Kelterhallen wine festival (05 April – 06 April 2024)
– Culture days at the Juliusspital winery (04 May – 19 May 2024)
– The Würzburg Wine Village (29.05. – 09.06.2024)
– Bürgerspital Hofschoppenfest (June 13 – June 22, 2024 / June 12 – June 21, 2025)
– Hofgarten Wine Festival (June 28 – July 07, 2024)
– Wein am Stein 2022 (July 10 – July 22, 2024)
– Hätzfeld Schoffen Days (date 2024 not yet fixed)
– Wine party at the Bürgerspital depot on Pfaffenberg (July 26 – July 27, 2024)
– Wine parade on the market square (August 29th – September 08th, 2024)
– Stein wine festival at Wengert, (date for 2024 has not yet been set)
– Open Wine Cellar Night (November 23, 2024)
- Castle Hotel Steinburg *
- Maritim Hotel Wuerzburg*
- Hotel Regina*
- Moxy Würzburg*
- To the winemaker*
- City Partner Hotel Strauss*
- To the city of Mainz*
- Lindlein mill*
- Greifensteiner Hof*
- Boutique Hotel Canel*
- Hotel Wuerzburger Hof*
- THE v EVERT Hotel*
- Hotel Green Tree*
- Best Western Premier Hotel Rebstock*
- Hotel Wittelsbacher Hoeh*
Miltenberg for a wine weekend
For the wine village on the Main on our wine weekend in the Franconian wine country, we first leave the river banks and drive to Miltenberg on the Main in Churfranken. Miltenberg is particularly interesting for wine lovers because - in contrast to the wine towns mentioned so far - more red wine is grown here. The region owes this primarily to the loamy and clayey Buntsandstein soils and the location in the basin between the Odenwald and the Spessart. This basin location also ensures a particularly mild climate. Therefore, Burgundy wines grow under perfect conditions on the Main slopes around Miltenberg. Of course, Miltenberg also celebrates wine.
– Bürgstadt Wine Culture Night (date 08.06.2024)
– Miltenberg Wine Autumn (Dates: September 27.09th - 29.09.2024th, 03.10 and from October 06.10.2024rd - October XNUMXth, XNUMX at Engelplatz Miltenberg)
Iphofen for a romantic wine weekend in Franconia
How about a holiday with a winemaker in Iphofen? The picturesque town in the middle of the vineyards is the ideal place to take a break from everyday life and enjoy the best wine in the region. Here you can not only do wine tasting and explore the history of viticulture, but also hike or go cycling and enjoy the beautiful landscape. Iphofen also has many charming restaurants and cafes where you can enjoy Franconian cuisine. There are no wine festivals in Iphofen, but you can plan city tours in the old town, cellar tours, vineyard tours and wine tastings for your wine weekend in Franconia.
There are also wine festivals in Franconia here
- Randersacker wine spring (date: Saturday, March 16, 2024
Sonnenstuhl Halle, Am Sonnenstuhl, 97236 Randersacker, email@example.com
Registration required for Saturday)
Book your accommodation in Randersacker here*
- Rödelsee Wine Festival around Crailsheim Castle (July 05.07th – July 08th, 07.2024)
Crailsheim Castle, Schlossstrasse 2, 97348 Rödelsee
- Wine Festival in Markt Einersheim (July 26th – 28.07.2024th, XNUMX)
Old town / market square, market square, 97348 Markt Einemsheim
Book your accommodation in Einersheim here*
Franconia Vacation at the winemaker (hotel) for a wine weekend in Franconia
Experience a wine weekend in Franconia! Take a vacation to a winemaker in Franconia and taste award-winning wines. Discover the world of winegrowing and get to know the passion and hospitality of the local winemakers. Book your wine adventure now!
winemakers and wine hotels
- Villa Sommerach in Sommerach with in-house wine shop *
- Castle Hotel Steinburg in Würzburg * in the middle of the vineyards, the only one Weinberg Hotel in Wurzburg
- The Sonnenhotel Roemmert Winery * lies in the vineyards near Volkach. The sauna overlooks the vineyards.
- In the Hotel and winery Artur Steinmann* In Sommerhausen you can also try Franconian wines at wine tastings in the wine shop.
- The Pension Weingut Schwab* offers accommodation within walking distance to Terroir f Thüngersheim.
- Further Wine hotels in Franconia we recommend here.
home of being
- In the Winery Guesthouse Weigand* in Iphofen You can taste our own wines at a wine tasting and visit the wine cellar.
- The Winzerhof Düring* near Iphofen is just outside the town and offers several holiday apartments.
Nordheim am Main
Overnight stay in a wine hotel or inn for a wine weekend in Franconia
- The Guesthouse Ingrid* lies below the vineyard in Ramsthal.
- Villa Geisenhof near Miltenberg * occasionally offers wine tastings.
- In the Adler country hotel* you spend the night in the town of Bürgstadt. The kitchen serves good slow food and Franconian wines.
- In the Bunghole – Hotel and Wine Restaurant* do you stay near the rococo gardens from Veitshochheim.
- The Gasthof zum Stork* in Prichsenstadt serves wines from its own vineyard.
- In the Swallow's Nest Wine Bar* in Karlstadt you get wines from our own winery.
- The Landhotel & Weingasthof Schwarzer Adler* in Wiesenbronn is a good starting point for hikes in the wine region.
- In the Pension Kirschberghof* In Sommerhausen you can also buy wines from Franconia.
We introduce you to six wine villages in Franconia. There are wine towns around Würzburg. They are located in the Mainfranken wine-growing region and are close enough to each other that you can easily explore them in two to three days. The driving distances between the villages are not far, so that there is enough time to take a closer look at the Franconian wine region. Above all, you can enjoy them at your leisure. You need them for such a trip to the wineries in Mainfranken. Not only to drink wine, but also to let the ambience of these wine towns in Franconia affect you. What could be nicer in a wine region than tasting the wines of the local winegrowers with regional specialties. Start yours Travel along the Main in these Franconian wine towns.
What can you experience on a wine weekend in Franconia
Visit wineries and taste their wines. Celebrate with the winemakers. Wine and culture are closely linked. You can experience this at wine festivals. These begin in spring and continue throughout the year. When the winegrowers harvest their grapes in autumn, things get exciting in the wine regions. What was the summer like? How much sun did the grapes get? How will the new vintage be? A wine of the century, or rather middle class? These questions and more keep the vintners in the wine-growing towns on the Main busy at the end of the summer.
Then they like to celebrate. For example, the beginning of the grape harvest. The first wines of the year. But also the end of the fear. The Autumn is the time when the grapes are harvested. This is also worth celebrating. Then decorates one the wine shops. Guests are very welcome. Wine and enjoyment are celebrated like to be in the wine country of Franconia. The same also applies to the Heckenwirtschaften, where you can enjoy the wine in a cozy environment with regional specialties such as an “onion bloat”. Try it directly at the winemaker can. Therefore, a wine weekend in September or October is a lot of fun. But you can also enjoy a wine weekend in Franconia in spring and summer. Then you combine wine and culture at the wine festivals.
Experience your wine weekend at the winemaker or at the wine festival
Franconian wine towns on the Main river are definitely perfect for a wine weekend for people, who like to savor their trips in Bavaria. In summer and autumn, the residents of the Mainschleife near Würzburg like to celebrate their way of life as well as their wines. They invite you to wine festivals in the towns on the Main. A visit to the wine shops is also worthwhile. There you can also find out more about the wines of the Main Region. Some even offer courses in which you can acquire special wine knowledge. The best thing is the wine tasting and the wine festivals, that you best combine with enjoying Franconian specialties. This is how to best experience the wine towns in the Main Valley in Franconia. That means traveling and savoring Franconia. The cities on the Main river are well worth a visit.
Activities for your wine weekend in Franconia
Our tip for a wine weekend in these Franconian wine towns on the Main? Be sure to take the time to enjoy yourself. Spend your holiday with a winemaker in Franconia and experience an authentic wine weekend in Franconia. In addition to good wine, these places also offer interesting sights. However, you cannot visit all of them in one weekend. Instead, pick the ones that pique your curiosity and come back next year. In any case, enjoyable days await you on a wine weekend in the wine country of Franconia.
Questions and answers for your Franconian vacation with a winemaker
Which wineries in Franconia are worth visiting?
Visit the winery Bürgerspital zum Hl. Geist in Würzburg, the winery Rudolf Fürst in Burgstadt or the winery Juliusspital in Würzburg. All three are among the top wineries in Franconia.
What are the best types of wine to try in Franconia?
Be sure to try the Silvaner, which is the most widely grown grape variety in Franconia, or the Pinot Noir, a red wine that is also very popular here.
What is the best way to organize a wine tasting?
It’s best to arrange a wine tasting with the winery of your choice in advance and ask if you can also do a guided tour of the vineyards.
What other activities can you do in Franconia apart from drinking wine?
For example, visit the historic cities of Würzburg, Dinkelsbuhl as well as Rothenburg ob der Tauber or take a boat tour on the Main.
Where is the best place to stay in Franconia?
It's best to stay overnight at one of the many wineries in the region or in a hotel in the Franconian wine country. This gives you, for example, good connections to the sights for your wine weekend in Franconia. Our hand-picked wines are also suitable for a wine weekend Wine hotels in Franconia very good.
Travel tips for your Franconia wine weekend
Parking at the airport
Arrival to your wine weekend
Rental car in the Franconian wine region:
Hire your rental car here for your holiday with a winemaker in Franconia.
Accommodations for your wine weekend:
Would you like to spend the night in another wine town in Franconia? Then search for your favorite destination on this website, for example: Weinland Franken accommodation to savor* and go on holiday to the winemaker.
Do you like to travel to a wine weekend in Franconia in your motorhome?
– Do you want to rent a mobile home? Then you can find information here, for example booking options. Instead, why not stay overnight? roof tent on the car? In addition, the overnight stay in camping tents is possible.
– Be sure to check our packing list for camperswhether you have packed everything for your motorhome tour. After that you are ready for your wine weekend in Franconia.
- You want to know where to go with a motorhome stay overnight in Germany Can you and are you looking for pitches and campsites? You can find information about this under this link, for example. This allows you to easily explore the Franconian wine region. We also provide Campsites in the wine region on the Main .
– For example, we stayed at a campsite in Schweinfurt, one in Wipfeld, a campsite near Volkach, one in Kitzingen, in Veitshöchheim and a campsite in Karlstadt. For example, what do you think of combining hiking and wine in Karlstadt? There you can also have a good time after a day trip Dutch Oven or on the portable grill or maybe on a campfire . You can also find Dutch oven accessories you can also find here. You shouldn't forget a backpack either.
-Why is a folding e-bike useful when camping?
Wine Country Franconia Travel Guide
Discover other wine regions around the world and Wine regions Germany. The blog also contains tips for wine trips to other countries around the world. Be sure to browse our travel tips for wine lovers. You are guaranteed to find one or two tips.
Also discover wine experiences in other regions.
- Tips for a weekend in Würzburg
- A wine weekend at the Ahr
- Ideas for a weekend on the Main with the camper
- Tips for a Wine weekend on the Rhine
- Wine weekend at a vineyard in the Rheingau
- South Africa wine region
- Wine regions Austria
You can also find it in the WellSpaPortal Excursion destinations for the weekend.
Do you also know:
- Taste the World: Wine Regions to Discover
- Wuerzburg hotels with spa
- Campsite Wuerzburg
- Comfortable pumps for wide feet
- Cool backpacks for city trips
- Wine hiking in Franconia
Source Holidays with the winemaker in Franconia: research on site. For example, we have undertaken some with the support of the tourism authorities. We also financed others ourselves. In any case, our opinion remains our own.
Text Holidays with a winemaker in Franconia: © Copyright Monika Fuchs and TravelWorldOnline
Photos Holiday with a winemaker in Franconia: © Copyright Monika Fuchs and TravelWorldOnline
Last update on 30.11.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API